2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
IMPALA THE UNSAFE VEHICLE
By randykn on 04/26/11 18:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are JUNK 34,000 miles equal 3 sets of tires, brakes 3 times. Rotors last a month at best. Can not be aligned properly, (recalled for goverment vehicles but not the public. DO NOT BUY A IMPALA you will be disapointed. Dealer suggestion to solve the brake problems is to NOT drive on any hills, quoate "these cars were not made for driving in the mountians" for 40 years i have driven GM cars but NO MORE. My 97 Taurus with 320,000 miles does not have the problems that my 2008 Impala has. Thouhjt i would buy my wife a safe car, boy was i wrong. NO MORE GM PRODUCTS FOR ME

Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274 on 04/18/11 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

great all-around sedan
By mace57 on 01/17/11 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala as a work vehicle. It has since become the all-around family work horse. Not bad looking with the spoiler, and sun roof. OK stero system. The car has a great balance of weight and power, and is super in the winter with good snow tires. we get about 24 mpg average. Lots of room and a hugh trunk. I have about 77k miles on it, and have had no repair issues. I think it is a great value, reliable sedan.

bad deal
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car brand new and i loved it at first. Then i started to have problems, rear defrost don't shut off, needed a new rack and pinion at 25,000 miles and know at 34,500 miles i need a new ball joint and we had new tires put on the car and they can't do an alignment on the tires because of the way the tires sit on the rims. They have low profile tires and they look nice but they are awful.

Actually, a decent sedan
By Stavros on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

own for 3 yrs. & have 116,000 km. I have to say, its not BMW 5 level ride & style, but I gave it good ratings cause, for what it is, it does well. it has plenty of power and reasonably responsive and hwy. power is great for passing anything. fit n finish is a bit cheap and lines not perfectly matched up...interior is not so stylish, but functional...front seats are not bucket enough, so they don't hold you on sharp turns, but very comfortable for everyday and long trips, rear seats, very comfortable (according to my passengers). for big car, actually handles pretty good (LTZ model)as engine got broken in, I get 10.5 L/100 km.AVG. Good Family Mover. Drives & feels solid on hwy. speeds.

Head gasket problem?
By LD on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one owner 56 K miles one owner, Rides drives great. Power 3500 V6 is well matched to car.MPG great in town 20's highway 29 and up. Runs quietly handles well tire wear good so far.Long trips do well. Over all like very well.Past car 3800 V6 Olds little more power.Should used it not the 3500 V6.Its a proven engine,Now 58K miles head gasket seems to be seeping antifreeze. does this problem have a history ? May need a new head & gasket !And rear elec door activator needs replaced already.$300 WOW $$ Hope have not got a bad car I do like it well.Had hoped it would be last car I needed i'm 72 years old now.Thinking should run over 120 K miles for me . I pray it will.

Had Enough
By KD on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In the beginning, car was great, loved the remote start and leather heated seats. I have had to have a head gasket replaced, new water pump and two sensors. My issue now is it is using 1 1/2 qt of oil every 2000 miles and GM says that is ok. Not ok with me. Time to move on.

Will buy again
By Susan on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala and prior to that I had a 91 Lumina. This is the best so far although I liked the look of my 2002 Impala much better and Chevy got cheap with the interior lights and mirrors (must have been a man's idea). My check engine light is on now and my remote start won't work. I'm told it's a sensor in the evac system. Trying to find out what that's going to cost me. I do go through front brakes & rotors annually. I don't replace with Chevy parts and I never cut the rotors.

No more
By No more on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

Awesome Car
By JS on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car to drive recently bought this car. It is very fun to drive and I have ad nothing but great times in this car. I took this car from Philadelphia to New York City with some friends( 104 miles) and we started on a full tank of gas and using cruise control we got to New York City with approximately 3/4 of a tank left so its great on gas. There have been no problems at all with this beautiful car. Remote start works well and truck space is awesome. There is a safety precaution when there is severe wet weather it sounds like a a loud muffler but it protects the car from flooding the undercarriage

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*