Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues
By michaelvanity

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months,
I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice.

I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design.

So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving.

Things ive had done in terms of matience

Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says

Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive

tires changed twice.

Brakes changed once.

No Major Issues.
Im going to stick with my Chevys.

Smooth Ride, Big Trunk. Security of having a well built American car, I would gate getting into an accident with a rice rocket. And the Power. Vroom Vroom. Muscle car to say the least

Well it looks like everything I wanted is in the new 2014 model. Such a beauty

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

None really, other than when it was between new-2 years old it was reliable and had no issues.

Do something about the horrible blind spots and make it a quality car again.

Run don't walk
By dennis139

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. We now have 80K. Trans jumps from starts, both right side door lock stopped working, rear window connector burned, now head gaskets leaking, and trans lines leaking. Total cost of repairs is 4000.00 dollars. Car in only worth about 8K.
Paint finish is poor, Would not purchase another
GM vehicle.

The ride

Starting building a quality product

Used buy value
By stirfry1

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car one year old, now have 85,000 on it with no significant issues.

Great Car. So far so good
By chevalltheway

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable.

I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system.

I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

Looks, power, spacious interior, large trunk. Reliable. Handles great in the city and solid feel on the highway.

Could use a power seat or manual height adjustment on the passenger seat.