2008 Chevrolet Impala 3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2008 Impala LT

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Review

2008 Impala LT
By Manny Barriger on

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle was purchased in February of 2008. I like the looks of the all black, with the cherry wood dash. My transportation has been predominately in the city, which gives me about 24-24 mpg. I have taken the car on one trip across the state of Wisconsin from Milwaukee to LaCrosse. The ride was good, and the vehicle got up to 32 mpg on the trip. It may have gotten better, but we had it fully loaded with 3 people and about 450 lbs worth of 'stuff'. That is what I find neat about this car, it's full size and the ability to get mileage that competes with the small compact foreign cars. The other thing I like is the oil life indicator, I get about 5,000 miles between oil changes.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy indicator, OnStar, huge trunk, and Ipod music hook up. Found that tires need to have 31psi cold pressure for best ride and gas mileage for vehicle performance.

Suggested Improvements

Radio and heater buttons take a while to get use to. While don't underestimate the styling. It is so aerodynamic that when windows are down it will buffet with loud noise inside. Also turning radius could be a little tighter for city driving.