2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: 2008 Impala Interior Comfort L

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Review

2008 Impala Interior Comfort LS FlexFuel
By GRDamoth on

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned over 30 vehicles, mostly GM some Ford, but compared to Cadillac this Impala is every bit as comfortable, quiet, quick, and nimble to boot. Cushy rides are important on long trips, especially if the highway isn't smooth and comfortable. This car handles predictably, and has good view all around. I had a 1984 Cadillac for 13 years and this cars ride and finish is every bit as good. The new radio is very intuitive and has excellent reception. XM AM and FM don't have to be preset separately, you can mix and match up to 36 (yes three dozen) radio combinations. Especially useful if you have favorites or favorite areas of the nation, and if you drive a lot.

Favorite Features

The simplified cruise control and the sound system tie for making driving this car especially fun. Similar to my '84 Caddy cruise, there is an on/off and the cancel feature separate from these allows you to quickly cancel and then resume cruise. The radio is 6-CD-MP3, XM, AM, FM superior.

Suggested Improvements

Slide the back seat back 2" taking that space from the trunk and rear deck shelf would add a lot more leg room for rear passengers, although my 6'0" frame fits in the rear even with the front seats all the way back. This car looks great, but I can't tell it from a 2007 on the outside, inside yes.