2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Getting my moneys worth.
By brad1992 on 02/02/13 09:59 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 impala LT 3.5 VVT in the cold Michigan winter of 2011 with 47000 Miles. The day after I bought it we had a 12 inch snow fall , thus making it near impossible to drive. However, at the time I was a Corrections Officer so it was imperitive that I make it to work. So I bundled up and braved the cold and, icy roads. This car was excellent on my commute. It never gave me any issues other than the traction control limiting the ammount of power I could supply to the wheels. I am proud to say I now have 80000 miles on this automobile and other than replacing the gas cap, battery and, two tires I have not had to do anything to it. I would def. purchase this car all over again.

So far, so good
By lashacotton on 08/20/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala SS with just 33K miles on it. I have driven the car for three days and the gas mileage has been great. This car offers a smooth quiet ride. The only thing that I am kind of disappointed in is the side view mirrors, they are not extended from the car enough and makes it kinda difficult to see what is besides you in either direction. Also because of how the body it shaped, it can also be a little difficult to see what is behind you.

Chevy don't FAIL me now!!
By iluvchevys on 07/24/12 12:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2008 for a little over 2 years and at first I loved it but now I'm starting to have problems. Feels like my transmission is slipping, if I'm at a dead stop when I press on the gas it is kinda hesitant (seems to only do this in the hot weather) When I run my ac it has less power, my back locks don't work. A year ago I had the reduce engine power show up but I let me car sit for the weekend and haven't had the message again (knock on wood) I still have 3 years left on my lease and I'm starting to get worried. My first car I bought was a complete lemon thought I was doing the smart thing going to a "major dealership" but the warranty that you buy seems to not cover anything.

Solid, Safe & Reliable
By c_ram on 04/14/12 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years, I have followed the recommended maintenance schedule and had a great experience. We bought it for the safety (side airbag curtains standard & crash test results) & reliability and have not been disappointed. In response to the previos post, GM was bailed out by the government in March 2009 well after the 2008 Impala was designed, built and most likely sold. It is not responsible for your experience. Nor are the dealers, which are independently owned and operated.

Worst Car, Absolute Junk
By rmk711 on 04/07/12 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is absolutely the worst car I have ever owned, or known anybody to have ever owned, worst mistake of my car buying life letting myself be sold into buying this car. Everything on the car breaks! This car company is paid for in part by my tax dollars and at this point I feel like I have not only been ripped off by GM, but also by the American government. GM needs to take responsibility for its poor product designs whether part of the NEW GM or the OLD GM, recall these cars and give me a refund of absurd amount of money I have had to pay for a poor excuse of a way to get to work and pay my tax dollars to support this country.

** Very Reliable ***
By chat55904 on 03/02/12 10:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with higher miles 160,000 miles to be exact and i bought it in another state and had it shipped to me i figured i better order a Engine & Transmission just in case so i did and when i got the car it was nice needed nothing! I now have 204,000 miles on this car with the original Engine & Transmission I love to drive and this car is One i can not down talk it does have its flaws but then again what car don't! Gas milage is not the best but for the comfort and drive ability it is worth it plus its flex fuel which is 60 cent less a gallon!

I was involved in a accident that was not my fault, 25 days after I purchased my vehicle
By mlwoolum on 02/05/12 18:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 chevy impala, I bought the vehicle on December 20, 2011 and on Jan 14 2012 a guy ran a stop sign and I couldn't stop and I t-boned his truck. My son was in the car. We walked away from the accident, the only thing that happened to me was that the dash hit my knee and it is a little banged up. We were traveling at 55 mph when the other vehicle pulled out in front of us. The other guy didn't walk away he was in critical condition, he was taken to the hospital. For the impact that my car took, and we didn't get hurt. I HIGHLY recommend a impala to anyone. Look at the review's, i have since then purchased another impala, this is probably the only car I will ever purchase.

junk from day one
By tankzulla on 12/28/11 02:30 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought certified pre owned 2008 with 34k miles. 3 months in the ball join and control arm break replaced for free. november hits and snow falls car is uncontrollable in any snow or wet conditions even at 10 mph. 2 times car has flown across highway turning sideways almost crashed both times. i take it and the tires are worn to the medal on the inside of the tread out of pocket 250 for new ones with no explanation of why only the inside was worn down took it back out in the snow and lost it again. dealership has no solution and gm says its not awd that's why. when i could take my 95 turbo supra out and do better. such a pathetic company makes me sick any one else having this problem?

Bad rear door locks
By mes1944 on 11/23/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rear door locks quit working at 32000 miles. I believe this to be a safety issue in that the rear seat passengers especially infants and young children may become trapped during an emergency. The driver will not be able to activate the rear door locks.

It's a love/hate relationship!
By dustinjoe on 10/06/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.