Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

OK car
By Kevin

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like the car but could have loved it with just a few changes. No bluetooth with OnStar. Give me a break, it's on the 2009 model. Also dont like OnStar. Give me my Garmin any day. But for the money good car

Leather heated seats, nice ride, really good price, huge trunk

Bluetooth. All that for OnStar and you could not throw in a 50 dollar bluetooth. Can't even buy an aftermarket. Gas mileage is 21 wihtout a lead foot

So far so good...I guess?
By metalcrawler

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just got this car not too long ago. I was pretty impressed at first and after the haze of a "new car" went away I am still pleased. The dual climate control is interesting but not a must have. I love the trunk space and the roomy interior. The computer system that displays oil life, temperature, tire pressure, and etc. is a cool gadget. Love the remote start. The gas peddal felt a little stiff because I am used to a 4 cylinder. I like the chrome accents and so far no problems. The factory speakers are kind of weak and the drivers side leg room could be increased in the future. I tried out an 2004 Chevy Classic before I got this car and it was a huge improvement!

Remote start, strong engine, computers tells you how many miles you have left in your tank similar to the Cadillac.

Overall quality and reliability. What is an impressive looking car that won't stand the test of time? Junk

2008 Impala SS
By Mack McKlemurry

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

While this car is not only fun to drive, as well as get into a little. I really appreciate the gas mileage when the MDS kicks in and your only running on 4 cylinders. I average 28 mpg per tank and that's with a little fun thrown in. Additionally, I found out that the 5.0 Pony car can not keep up on the top end on a good interstate.

All the luxury and the comfortable ride for someone that had had three back surgeries and usually cannot ride in a sports car. It rides better than the Challenger, Acura, Charger and the Lexus for a smooth comfortable ride.

Develop a new hood design with twin hood scoops that really function and increase the diameter of the exhaust pipe system to four inches.

I want an apology
By Sad GM

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I now understand why GM is going bankrupt. Their cars are awful. My Chevy Impala is an embarrassment. Cheesy seats, pain getting in and out of car and not scrapping the parking brake. Upside peppy with decent MPG. the downside, craftsmanship, design, seats, handeling cabin noise, sound system. The people running GM owe me an apology for this lack of effort. The reason why GM performs so poorly is that they are out to make a buck not a car. The Japanese have learned make a good car and the bucks will follow. Goodbye GM and good riddance. I wish you would take back my Impala.

XM satellite

Move parking brake, build car with pride, make the panels line up, actually test the seats before selling car.

OK car for the price
By TOMMIE

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good car for the price. I paid 17,000 out the door for a certified car. Comes with a 5 yr-100,000 bumper to bumper so the warranty is really 120,000 ! Ride is OK, great mpg. My avg is 29. It's a good family car for the price

Dashboard, quite ride, again nothing fancy just your avg 4 door sedan. Love the auto start

More leg room for rear passengers, better sound system