Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Impala vs Honda & Toyota? No comparison.
By Ron Tranmer

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've read complaints about the poor vision in the rear view mirrors. On every car I own I buy the little round blind spo" mirrors at Walmart for about 2 bucks each, and put them on the outside corner of each mirror. I then have excellent side mirror vision. Another complaint I've read is about poor visibility through the rear window. Especially with a spoiler. C'mon... I can see everything I need to see through my rear window. (I have a spioler) I haven't had the car too long but I love it. Read the consumer reviews on the higher rated Honda Accord and Toyota Camery, and you'll find a much higher percent of complaints than that of Impala owners. Go figure...

Quiteness, looks, leather, mileage, feel. American!

None needed for price. Bought my LTZ for 16,000 with only 14,000 miles. A less quality Honda or Toyota would have cost me thousands more.

Excellent car, good on fuel, comfortable
By Larry D

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car, all round driving fuel economy of 27 with 50% and town driving. Comfortable ride, solid feel on the highway. Would advise anyone to test drive if looking for an American car.

XM radio, build, bucket seats as standard for this year (08). Why would any one want a bench seat?

Standard Michelin tires should be an option.

Somewhat Disappointed
By Billl

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was between the Impala and the Malibu. I picked the Impala because it was bigger and advertised mileage was almost as good. My driving is 90% highway and the best mileage I have gotten after 5000 miles is 24.5 but usually getting around 23, the dealer had the nerve to put a 30mpg sticker on the car. I miss my 2000 Monte Carlo SS that regularly got 27-30 mpg. Feature wise the car is good although they cheaped out on the radio - sounds terrible no matter how I adjust it and I miss the auto darkening rearview mirror on my Monte. The heat/ac controls are terrible, every time I put my hand near it they move - to small and soft to the touch. OnStar is hard to use and people can't hear me.

Car looks sharp, 18" wheels, heated seats, driver information center, trunk space.

Mileage, auto darkening rearview mirror, radio needs work, heat/ac control lever is mushy and hard to use, at a minimum it should have more resistance

Looking Good!
By Bill B

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought vehicle 11/08. Was a rental car so a few nicks in the body but in great shape. Great car, good gas mileage. Averaged about 24 mpg on only long distance trip I have taken so far. Great comfort and XM radio is a great bargain. Haven't listened to AM-FM radio yet. Smooth ride. Heated seats are a big plus. Fantastic pick up and it turns a lot of heads with I drive in to the store or church. V8 sounds tough and kicks it when you step on the gas! Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Chevy hit a homer with this one.

Great Car
By Ron D. Rice

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have considered this car to be one of the best purchases in the auto line that I have ever made.In varied driving, mostly town/local (two trips) I have been averaging close to 27 MPG. (Trips 31, daily 24), which I believe quite remarkable for this size of car. Have had no problems at all.

Comfort and size, front and rear, are very good. Love the satellite radio and comfort of knowing we have OnStar in case of emergency. Transmission shifting is smooth as silk. Very quiet ride.

Believe the airconditioning air flow at high speed fan could be quieter but not worse than other cars I have driven.