2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
What's Up With GM?
By Chevy is Slipping on 09/04/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is pretty good: it handles well, is pretty good on gas and is quite comfortable. ItÂ’s one major drawback is what they perceive to be a marketing plus: OnStar. It is unreliable, an annoyance, and definitely not worth the money. With so many other equally acceptable alternatives out there (unfortunately for the domestic manufacturers, most of them are foreign made) it is a shame that we are effectively forced by GM to look elsewhere if we are to be able to get a car we really want. What really stinks is that most of the rental cars are not equipped with OnStar but the general public is not offered this same level of courtesy.

They Could Do Better
By No More GM for me on 08/15/07 07:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, not too bad but not much of an improvement on previous version. They'd better look out because the new Ford Taurus has this one beat by a long shot. That'll be the second car for this family (bye-bye GM)

'08 LT 3.5L
By ImpalaOwner on 07/31/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had the car a couple of weeks and put 600 miles on it. It's a very comfortable car, even the 3.5 has more than adequate power, I've never felt like I had to have more. I've only used regular gas so far and gotten 28 MPG. Controls are all logical. I got the leather package and seats are comfortable but could use more side support. Great room up front, but lacking a bit in rear leg room for as big as the car is. My only beef is the paint finish - the hood has 2 big "blotches" - dealer noted it and offered to repaint under warranty, but something as bad as that should have never made it out of the factory.

2008 Impala Interior Comfort LS FlexFuel
By GRDamoth on 06/23/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned over 30 vehicles, mostly GM some Ford, but compared to Cadillac this Impala is every bit as comfortable, quiet, quick, and nimble to boot. Cushy rides are important on long trips, especially if the highway isn't smooth and comfortable. This car handles predictably, and has good view all around. I had a 1984 Cadillac for 13 years and this cars ride and finish is every bit as good. The new radio is very intuitive and has excellent reception. XM AM and FM don't have to be preset separately, you can mix and match up to 36 (yes three dozen) radio combinations. Especially useful if you have favorites or favorite areas of the nation, and if you drive a lot.

Smooth Ride
By Arthur on 05/03/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When loaded with leather, heated seats, retractable sun roof and a fine sound system this vehicle is nearly as good as the Hyundai Acera. The car cruises on the highway extremely well. It does not have the pep I would like but it does the job especially when fueled with E-85. This flex fuel vehicle gets a big lift from the higher octaine gasoline that helps solve the sluggish pickup problem. I found the vehicle not as comfy as my Cadillac Deville but it was nearly as nice. The price of this vehicle is right. The 28k I saved made me feel a heck of alot better in giving up my Cadillac for the 31 mpg I now get on the freeway. Good value, good on gas and nice looking to boot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.