Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Car
By Ron D. Rice

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have considered this car to be one of the best purchases in the auto line that I have ever made.In varied driving, mostly town/local (two trips) I have been averaging close to 27 MPG. (Trips 31, daily 24), which I believe quite remarkable for this size of car. Have had no problems at all.

Comfort and size, front and rear, are very good. Love the satellite radio and comfort of knowing we have OnStar in case of emergency. Transmission shifting is smooth as silk. Very quiet ride.

Believe the airconditioning air flow at high speed fan could be quieter but not worse than other cars I have driven.

Good car poor fuel mileage
By Lon

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second LTZ we've purchased and both have the same fuel mileage about 24 mpg highway not even close to the 28 mpg advertised and both cars have over 10,000 miles on them. the rest of the car is great, good design great stereo and it handles great. I wouldn't recommend this car with the 3.9L engine because of the poor mileage but would recommend the car with the 3.5L engine instead.

Great stereo, power seats, headlights,exterior design and dash layout

Better fuel economy with the 3.9 engine, get rid of the cylinder cutout, it doesn't work that well, it's more of a gimmick than something than something that provides real value.

Great Car!
By Jger

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Impalas for 10 years now and love them. I prefer a larger car with some room to move over compacts and this car delivers that. The car's interior is much more refined then my 2005 was. I think the luxury package, is a great addition and I really appreciate the upgraded interior. The extra engine power in the latest model is nice and the car never lacks pickup when it's needed. The car handles well in town and on the highway and delivers respectable mileage, especially considering the size of the car. I have had this car for 6 months and have not experienced any issues with quality or reliability; from my experience with Impala I wouldn't expect to.

I have the LT with the luxury package and love all the interior styling and features. I like the power that I get from this car and think the mileage is pretty good, espcially when considering the amount of car I have.

I would like to see the Impala get its true round tail lights back some day.

Impala
By T.C.Talbot

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mine is a Gov't staff car. Base model. Flawless since day one. Actually seats 6 grown men. I consistently get 29- 31mpg! Bigger than Accord or Corolla for a Chevy price. Bigger interior, bigger trunk, and sacrificing 4-5mpg is worth it. Surprisingly good in snow too.

Confortable, quiet ride. Decent acceleration when needed. Suprising MPG. Oil life, tire pressure monitor.

Radio / heater controls portion of dash could be slightly angled towards driver, so it could reach me as oppossed to me having to reach for it.

OK car
By Kevin

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like the car but could have loved it with just a few changes. No bluetooth with OnStar. Give me a break, it's on the 2009 model. Also dont like OnStar. Give me my Garmin any day. But for the money good car

Leather heated seats, nice ride, really good price, huge trunk

Bluetooth. All that for OnStar and you could not throw in a 50 dollar bluetooth. Can't even buy an aftermarket. Gas mileage is 21 wihtout a lead foot

• SUV