2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews 16

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love This Car!
By xt109 on 03/15/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am so glad we to Chevy to try out an Impala. We'd been test-driving Toyota Camrys and Nissan Altimas. But we finally went to Chevy, and we really liked the Impala. So we bought the Chevy Impala, and for less than a base Camry! Now I realize how flimsy the Camry and Altima were. The quality of the Chevy Impala is far superior. And with the 3.5L V6 we've attained 26 MPG in the city and 33 on the highway, far better than the window sticker said. I'm glad I didn't fall for the Japanese foriegn car hype. If you don't believe it, go test drive an Impala and compare. There are plenty of old Chevy's and Fords driving around, and they are easier and cheaper to fix. Most cars last with care.

Dream Car
By KR on 03/15/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about this car. I factory ordered the LTZ model black on black with cloth seating (as I don't like leather) and the metallic trim on the inside instead of the base woodgrain trim. This car is my dream! 18" Wheels that stand out and look like I went out and custom bought them. Two large exhaust tubes sporting stainless steel tips. I tried to create a great sports car with this vehicle and I succeded by putting two thick stripes running from to back as well as chroming out the front and rear chevrolet logo (over the default gold. A sound system is my only future plan for this vehicle as it turns heads no matter where it goes. I just want to drive it!

Believe or not, the best
By GM Lover on 02/13/08 00:17 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've heard from so many people that American made automobile is not good as Japaness made. That might be true. It may sound strange. My teenage daughter wanted to buy this Impala SS, not Japaness or other imports. She said "I love Chevy". Driven about 7000 miles so far, and there was no problem at all. Excellent performance(like my Trailblazer SS). Great gas mileage for V8 engine(over 21 mpg with mixed driving). Very comfy and smooth ride. This Impala's interior may lack refinement than some foreign car's. But can they bring a car with roaring V8 under $30,000?

2008 IMPALA SS
By ROGER on 02/01/08 21:02 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Impala. This car is the best so far. It has less road noise, and better exterior looks. You get a lot of bang for the bucks. I just wish they would hold a little more resale value.

Very nice
By Scortch on 01/28/08 00:27 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After the HHR, this thing is like 100 times better. It rides smooth as silk. The shifting is really smooth. It has a really nice pickup and just plain comfortable to drive around in. One of the best cars I have had.

Uncomfortable ride
By jim on 01/26/08 06:05 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving GM cars for 50 years and they have been good except for this model. Very uncomfortable bumpy riding auto. I have rode in a 2008 Buick which looks about the same on the out side but rides good...I travel for a living and not looking forward to driving this year. Hoping I can pay to upgrade the quality of the vehicle to make it comfortable.

Pleasantly Surprised
By GK on 01/22/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Having recently leased a Cadillac CTS, I expected a Chevy to be far inferior. I have driven the Impala only about 500 miles, but the verdict so far is quite positive. This is a very comfortable ride, with most of the same upgrades I enjoyed on the CTS (dual climate control, heated seats, OnStar, XM radio, traction control, Stabilitrak, ABS, etc. etc.) for less money. As to reliability, I hope that is the case (three separate warranty repairs for the CTS) and have my fingers crossed. So far, so good.

Good Car Made by Cheap Manufacturer
By thom on 01/15/08 05:33 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good, basic car that I now regret purchasing. Be aware that even the upgraded "LT" does not include ABS brakes. I didn't even think about this until I got it home. It simply did not occur to me that in 2008 a large family sedan would ship without basic safety features. GM should be ashamed of themselves for this kind of reckless penny pinching. Additional penny- pinching becomes more evident as you drive the car more. Features that most people consider standard in every car, such as a folding back seat, are optional in the Impala. If purchasing, make sure you verify what is included, down to the most basic safety and convenience features that you probably take for granted.

Bad Brakes and Poor Service!
By Coleen Stevey on 01/14/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

See alot of happy SS buyers here. Must be a different car. Had a 2002 Impala, wish we had it back. Car has been in the shop 2 times since bought. Going on second week. SUBSTANDARD BRAKES that are very front heavy! DEALER CUT BRAKE ROTORS TO FIX> 200 MILES ON CAR! Open rear windows if test driving and u will find heavy earsplitting wind noise. GAS ECONOMY MUCH LOWER than listed. XM SATELITE is not FREE, PRICE IS IN STICKER! Motor runs rough and motor peripherals whine upon starting when cold. Rear leg room very limited! SHOCKS substandard, feel like used making for bad turning. Phantom clunk in front end. GM says nothing in writing, stuck with car. Get it in writing!

American Touring car
By Captain Safety on 01/06/08 16:22 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car for business use, and will drive 45,000 miles in 2008. Excellent seat and ride comfort for extended highway use. Great value for less than $25,000. Leather, heated, power seats; strong V-6; remote start; tire pressure monitoring at all four corners; XM radio; five-star crash rating. Better seats and ride than my previous Honda Odyssey. Likely 27-29 mpg as along-term average.