2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews 15

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Pretty good car
By Lon on 04/16/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the sixth Impala we've purchased in six years. Everything works great except that we seem to be able only get around 23.5 mpg on the highway with the 3.9 engine. Past Impala's had the 3.8 engine and were much more fuel efficent.

It's not a Corvette, but
By Jim on 04/15/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven the SS for 4 months now and I'm actually impressed. Being a Corvette owner as well, not many cars excite me. The Impala is actually not a total bore to drive. The shifts are crisp and at the right rpm. Actually encourages you to show some muscle to 80%+ cars on the road that this vehicle will blow away. When it comes to hauling children or family this is the car. Something you cannot do in a Corvette. The only thing that worries me a little bit is the active fuel management which shuts down to a 4cyl when all 8 aren't needed. Can't get Cadillacs 8-6-4 out of my head

Chevrolet Luxury in Sport Clothing
By R W Moore on 04/09/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Having traded in my 2003 Monte Carlo SS for this Impala SS was a stretch. 2 doors for 4 doors?! Well, am ever pleased! This car moves, and be ready for the torque steer! Wish it was RWD though. Hate the FWD. But luxury in sport clothing! Looks cool, turns heads, and moves! Not as fast as my 2005 SSR, but carries 5 people!

A good choice!
By Shree K on 04/08/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to opt for the Impala over the Ford Fusion and the Nissan Altima. The car has close to 10,000 miles on it and the experience thus far has been pleasant. The biggest surprise to me was the fuel economy numbers. I was averaging around 25mpg with my 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S. The Impala averages that at similar driving speeds. However, recently, I decided to slow down to 65mph and my fuel economy jumped up to 28mpg! The interior is very comfortable and the seats are supportive. The CD player hiccuped and had to be replaced - now it works great! The ride is smooth and quiet. The engine can be a bit buzzy when the RPM crosses 2500. Overall, good choice!

Whata rush!
By Boz on 04/06/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a blast to drive, gas mileage is acceptable, and if you don't have Flowmasters on it, you're missing out. Great rumble, great performance, great looks. I love this car!

Skeptical Chevy buyer
By Dano on 04/03/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1st new Chevy I have owned. Didn't rated it a 10 yet, very close. Car handles nice, ride is nice and I don't have the problems that I have seen on this forum, which I looked at before I purchased my Impala. This car is a very good improvement (I test drove Impala 3 years ago and wasn't impressed). I hope to have this vehicle a few years.

So far so good
By mark on 03/29/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Traded our 05 Equinox early as we were very disappointed with quality, problems considerng it was a forty thousad dollar vehicle. Tried the Impala. So far we're happy. Nine thousand kilometers and no problems yet. Had lot's of snow in Canada this winter, was worried about not having all wheel dive, but the car was great with traction control. Handles great,and smooth on the highway. More than enough power with 3.9 v6. Mileage a little embelished on sticker but so are all the other car makers.

Driving Make Fun Again
By GPA on 03/25/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In 2006 I sold my restored 1963 split window Vette. I thought that I would never again get the fun rides I used to get from the 63, wrong. I bought a nSS in January and I am thrilled with the ride. It sure stops better than the 63, the handling is not quite as good. Just this morning OnStar unlocked it for me. I recommend this car to any one who remembers the great cars of the sixties. I am getting between 23 and 25 mpg. I am happy with my 25th new Chevy. This is the same engine that I have gotten over 300000 miles out of in my pickup trucks.

No Complaints here!
By Maloderous on 03/24/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a base-model Grand Prix for the LT and haven't looked back. Sure the Grand Prix had a bigger V6, but she turned like a cow, fat too. Havent had the chance to use E85, not that it really matters to me, although great mileage for the size and driving conditions ~27 MPG avg would definitely recommend, especially with the great leasing options.

Good value
By miker on 03/24/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 08 impala lt drives great. I stepped down owning a Mercedes-Benz C-class for 8 years. The Impala is very quiet, smooth shifting and I like the styling and space. Mileage is excellent and it uses regular gas. I am used to that other motorists look at you while driving a Mercedes-Benz, same thing happens with the new Impala. Love that car.