Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2008 Impala LTZ vs my Montes
By Victoria

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My round trip daily commute to work is 120 miles. I have found the Impala to be stylish and comfortable and affordable. Would like better fuel economy. By changing brands of gasoline, I have increased gas mileage from 21 to 24/25 mpg hwy. I have owned 2 Monte Carlos, 2001 LS and 2006 LT and miss them both. 119,000 and 88,000 respectively. The Impala LTZ and SS are as close as you will come to the soon to be extinct Monte Carlos. The OnStar feature was a selling point for me and the Impala LTZ is priced right--good buy.

Favorite Features

American made! The interior is luxurious and comfortable-good stereo. OnStar!! When I hit a deer on the interstate after dark, OnStar was on the phone before the car stopped rolling.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility and better fuel economy. Reduced road noise.

1 FAST IMPALA
By 1fastimpala

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great all around car. You can easily obtain 27 mpg on a highway trip, but combined your looking at 20- 21 mpg(still not bad for a v8). When I was purchasing this Impala I was also looking at the 08 Honda Accord 4 cyl. They were almost the same in price, but a huge decrease in Insurance on the Impala SS. I couldn't believe it. I have had no problems with this car. Chevy's are great quality cars.

Favorite Features

The 5.3 v8 (of course). 4 cyl deactivation is great for the increase in mpg.

Suggested Improvements

The seats need to suck you into the car more. They need more lateral support. Front wheel drive is nice when you are in the snow, but i miss the thrills of a good burnout. (how I miss the rear wheel drive)

best car ever made!!
By J Finch

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I was at the dealership trading in my Dodge ram, I had in mind *I need something reliable* well having had my ram for only 7 months and having it in the shop 6 times had me kinda discouraged. Well I came across this impala, loved it at first sight. Unfortunately the only problem I have with the car is that every other impala seems to be the same shade of light Gray! Well that being said I love everything else! The 3.5 liter engine is powerful! And I've gotten 36 miles per gallon on the highway, and average 24.6 in the city, which isn't bad! The trunk is huge! The interior is nicely done and the seats are the most comfortable and supportive I've ever sat in and the ride is amazing!

Favorite Features

standard power everything,seats, mirrors, locks, keyless entry, CD player with MP3 hook up, which i hook my phone into and have conversations through my speakers,so cool! but i think when it comes down to it the tire pressure monitor and average fuel economy readouts are my favorite features!

Suggested Improvements

Get new colors! I'm so tired of coming out of the grocery store and trying to open someone elses car! I look like a complete idiot standing by the car, pointing the key pad at the car, holding it like a gun and screaming "why won't you work?"

I have fallen in love...with a car!
By shellbelle86

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The impala has made driving fun for me again. It handles very well, quiet engine, plenty of power and it looks great inside and out. I'm also saving money on gas these days. I was able to buy my car with extremely low mileage at a great price. I looked around and for the money you can't beat what you get with the impala.

Favorite Features

Quiet engine, smooth handling, stylish, price, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I have found all of the features to be practical and well designed except for the rear view mirrors. Visibility isn't terrible but could be improved.

second to none
By lonw

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala my other was the 2003 model, the 2008 is just as nice and seems quicker when you put the petal down, far better gauge display then the 2003.

Favorite Features

the new display gauges body style

Suggested Improvements

center console preferred the 2003 center console and sound system