Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

very low mpg
By jorge

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

i have a ltz chevy impala, very nice car, I think the trunk is too large making this car extra large. The MPG is very low I just can reach 17 mpg, even in highway, making the company statement a big fat lie. I had try it everything to increase the mpg but still making the same, other than that i thing it is a nice car to have it. Thanks

Favorite Features

comfort, pick up, interior size

Suggested Improvements

exterior size, MPG is very low, and it should come with GPS, back up camera , BT , things that should be at least available for cars at this point

Great value and great car.
By A New Yorker

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2008 Impala LT with 33,000 miles on it and it's one of the best cars I ever owned. The car runs great. I needed a dependable roomy car for my daily 75 mile round trip to work and after doing a lot of research focused on the Impala. After finding a great deal I jumped on it. It's a great value compared to other cars in it's class. I would by another one without hesitation. Every time I drive it confirms that I made an excellent choice. The performance could be a little better when accelerating from a complete stop and the side view mirrors could have been a little bigger but over all I am thrilled with my purchase. I would recommend the car highly.

Favorite Features

Power everything, keyless entry & remote start. Great looks.

Suggested Improvements

The car is a tad sluggish when starting from a complete stop. Not too critical but it is noticeable. The side view mirrors could be a little bigger but you adjust to it fast. It's still an excellent car.

Good looking car
By puffrooster

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Originally I set out to buy an loaded LTZ with a bench seat, BOSE sound system and sunroof in mocha brown. But after taking the SS model for a spin, just to see what it could do, I was sold. Before purchasing this car I did test drive other sport sedans, all of them costing much more $$, and nothing was funner to drive than the Impala SS! The Jewel (dark cherry) monochromatic, red compliments the car and is worth the extra cost. I added low profile tires & wheels and tinted the windows all around. It's a good looking car and inexpensive to decorate.

Suggested Improvements

There was a rumor that GM was going to put on a "retro" trim!? I would prefer a more modern European design. This is a very good car. Make it a rear wheel drive, super charge the already bullet proof 5.3 L engine, put in a racing suspension with a set of Brembo brakes, and this becomes a great car!

great car
By john mccall

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We turned in a Cadillac DTS and got the Impala. It has as large a trunk as the caddy and the rear seats fold as well. The seats could be improved and the a/c controls are silly but the ride and comfort approach the best. Looked at all the rivals and this was the beat for the money. Have had GM products for thirty years and the reliability has been tremendous. For the money this is the best buy.

Favorite Features

Styling is eyecatching yet functional. The leather seats are well done and the car is easy to get in and out of.

Suggested Improvements

Put the Cadillac a/c control in. Improve the OnStar voice recognition and replace the shifter with a leather one to match the reat of the interior. Gas mileage is not as good as a Cadillac even though the car is 600 pounds lighter and has a smaller engine.

Cry HAVOC.......
By Nitehawk

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

.....and let loose the dogs of war. Purchased used, certified, 17k, still under warranty. Beautiful jewel tintcoat. Traded in my 06 Cobalt SS. Needed something a little roomier. I've never owned a 4 dr sedan, so was hesitant. Didn't want a dowdy land barge. Impala SS fits the bill. Dangerously fast and powerful. I'm lovin' it. Drive 200 miles round trip to work each week, and it's 50% city, 50% highway - 21.1 mpg.....not bad. But it's the Raw Power, it'll make you smile, and then some. Go test drive one, it's a life altering experience....go buy, now. You'll never look back.

Favorite Features

It's the power.....raw freakin' power. 325 cubic inch, dual overhead cam. A true wolf in sheep's clothing. Beautiful leather interior. You'll grit your teeth every time you hit the gas.

Suggested Improvements

6 speaker stereo system is ok, but nowhere near the 200 watt system in the Cobalt. Not a car for amateur or inexperienced driver.