2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
SS Impala 2008
By Doug on 05/17/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The SS is a good overall car. I traded in an Audi A4 3.2. There is no comparison the Audi wins hands down. The SS is a big roomy car and fun to drive, it has power and looks great but the handling + torque steer makes it an effort to drive other then in a straight line. The car is a gas guzzler unless you drive it slow.When you drive it aggressivly be prepared to get 12 mpg. If you set the cruise control at 62 mph on the highway you will get 19mpg. Driving easy around town your best gas mileage wil be 15 mpg. I do like the car for the money. People stop to look at this car and they really like the sound, most can't beleive it's a Chevy. If the new model is RWD I will buy another one.

Great car...few minor issues
By Daddy to my kids on 05/16/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. Had it for 800 miles now. Avg. mileage (65% city 35% highway) has been 28.7 mpg, better than advertised. The car is quiet and comfortable, although some wind noise around front doors is present on highway. I wanted seating for 6, although the front middle seat is not usable for much more than short hops. Trunk is huge, easily swallowing our stroller, other bags, groceries and more. I have a "knocking" noise when going over certain bumps similar to a loose tie rod. Will have dealer look at it. Brakes pulsed when new, dealer turned the rotors stating rust needed to be removed as the car had been on their lot a while. Still, I'm glad I got the car.

should have bought a hyundai......
By bob on 05/12/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car hoping that it would be enjoyable to drive, however front end vibration, limited cupholders, wind noise around windows, can't put a map in drivers side door pocket, no glove box light, no vanity mirror lights, lousy radio. no locking gas door.

50th Anniversary
By Sandman on 05/05/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of my expensive to repair VW GTI and bought the 50th anniversary model for 08. I love this car as it is a real hwy crusier unlike the GTI. I realy like the idea of OnStar for emergencies and road service. XM radio I don't think I will continue at the price they want. I thought there were not going to be any commericals, but there are many. Mileage so far has been only 23 mpg, but it still needs to be broken in more. I would really like a conv. Impala or at least a red interior like I had in my first 1959 Impala hardtop.

Mothers Red Jewel
By jsifferman on 05/05/08 00:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet. City 19 mpg, Suburban 23 mpg, Cruise 65 on the interstate 30.5 mpg. All the goodies except the skylight. 18 inch wheels. No wind noises, smooth shifts, Wanted to buy an American made Malibu, but couldn't get under the steering wheel. Canadian Impala was next best offer. Lots of room inside. Power and heated driver and passenger seats. Remote start, OnStar and XM. 2 tone leather seats. For a 50th anniversity car, the trim could have been upgraded, but for a Chevrolet it rocks.

Very solid!
By rock on 04/21/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Let me tell you this is a great car. Love the looks of it and rides excellent. The 3.9 v6 is very powerful and has no problem going fast but very long spaced gears. The seats are very comfortable and nice looking. The inside is a little plain but I like it like that. I have the front bench seat with the column shifter and I love the bench seat because you can fit more people. Column shifter is easier to use because it sits next to my hand. Averaging 25 mpg excellent.

Big Car on a Mid-Size Budget
By Michael & Kathy on 04/21/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We commute short distances but like to take multi-state road trips. The Impala fits in the garage and budget but flies down the highway without any strain. XM radio and OnStar's navigation are great over the road tools. Finding an E-85 station is particularly cool using OnStar. The hidden storage under the back seat is nice for the lap top rather than in the trunk. All the trip computer readouts are nice when the scenery gets boring. We also considered the new Malibu but tiny things like the 2-zone A/C and power passenger seat ruled the day. A couple of small items would have been nice, memory settings for the seat/mirrors and a wider choice of wheels. Thank goodness for TireRack!

This Is A Real Bow-Wow
By Fed Up on 04/17/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

For the upper end of Impalas, this has been a real joke. The rattles and windshield leaks make you feel like you're watching an outdoor concert of bad music. Hit a pothole and OnStar wants to know if everyone in the car is OK--even though they think I'm about 80 miles from where I actually was . . . and they called back three times to verify that nothing was wrong. I listened to them more than the radio. Where do I find the fuse to kill that beast?

It's fun!
By lambinator on 04/16/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my SS for about a month now. I traded in my 04 Subaru WRX with many mods. It was tough to get use to at first but the power that the SS has along with the comfort of the ride is taking care of all that. I plan on doing some things to make my family sedan a real speedster. Overall, it's comfortable to drive, it's got lots of power and speed when you need it. The torque steer is something to get used to. You can also gain a little speed by taking the traction control off. I am happy with it and growing happier. I almost bought the G8 but I like the build of the Impalas. Go get it, you won't be disappointed.

Pretty good car
By Lon on 04/16/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is the sixth Impala we've purchased in six years. Everything works great except that we seem to be able only get around 23.5 mpg on the highway with the 3.9 engine. Past Impala's had the 3.8 engine and were much more fuel efficent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.