2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Wasted Money
By JGer on 06/09/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very disappointed in this car. If this is the best that GM can do then I guess I finally have to go the way of millions of other car buyer and buy foreign. The design of the car is a cheap knockoff of a Honda Accord. I want an American car, not a copy of a Japanese car. The interior is cheap and plastic, looks more like a Chevy Chevette then an Impala. I paid way too much for this car, even with GMs paultry "incentives". No wonder GM is going broke!

Love the SS
By Ron on 06/07/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had for short time. But so far I just love it. It's hard to get used to an SS having 4 doors but I like the emblems, reminds me of days gone by. I traded in a crew cab dualy, so this is of course way more fun. I read reviews here before I bought it. And I have to agree about the wind noise and torque steer. But I bought it and like it anyway. I got almost 28 miles to gallon on a three hr. trip. That was at 70 with cruise control. I liked the steering wheel controls in my pick-up ('04 Silverado) better than the switches on the dash in Impala.

Fun Yet Functional
By Lang on 06/05/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about 18 months. I purchased it as a bit of a compromise. It has many nice features, had some zip, yet also had front wheel drive for northern winters. Turns out, not much of a compromise. Driving this car never fails to put a smile on my face. When you step on the gas, you're gone! It is by no means a high performance sports car. You can quibble about numb steering and other pretentious car guy stuff, but it has great muscle and a fun factor. The average guy, of which I am one, will have a great time with this car. A real plus, especially given $4+ gas, has been the mileage. I get 22 around town and more than 26 on a recent 1200 road trip.

Great for the money
By bob on 06/03/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Impala ls under $20k. You can't beat this car import or domestic 4dr sedan this is it. The interior is basic and that is what I wanted. Trunk is huge good gas mileage

Can't beat it for the money
By Miss_X2b on 06/03/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You can't beat this car for the money. Roomy, comfortable with a rather nice interior. The ride is smooth, car handles potholes very well. The car does tend to roll a bit in turns but I found that simply lowering my seat down reduces the effect.

Great cart so far
By Bret on 05/29/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far no problems, car runs great. Getting about 25 MPG average which is a lot better than the truck I traded in.

Better than stated mpg
By noyego on 05/20/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like many of us, wanted a car with better gas mileage, but didn't want a subcompact. Bought car as a program car, saved a ton of money. Good interior. Ride a little bumpy, but might be because was used to driving a towncar. Excellent gas mileage for the size of the car.. I am getting 25 city and a little over 34 mpg on the highway. Good leg room. Has an excellent information center, tells you when to change oil, tire pressures, instant miles per gallon, avg mpg, outside temp, compass, and a lot more usefull info. All controls on steering wheel, radio, air, cruise, etc.

Impressed with "The General"
By Jeff49783 on 05/18/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleasantly surprised with this fleet vehicle. The efficiency, space, practicality, and good features really work well. An all-day interstate blitz immediately after delivery was a real pleasure. The visibility to the front is great and satisfactory elsewhere. I enjoyed operating the speed control from the steering wheel, and the speedometer is dead accurate according to my GPS. At great velocity, engine and wind noise are nearly non- existent and mileage is respectable. There are door pockets in each door, a glove box, console storage, a map pocket in the passenger seat, and a cargo net in the trunk. This vehicle is a great value.

Hey, y'all wanted to see a review right?
By sandrock on 05/18/08 06:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Picked up the '08 SS a few days ago, and I have to say it's pretty good. Everyone mentions the torque steer, and everyone that has mentioned it is right. This car will surprise you if you are not careful. The seats are firm, but do not "hug" you like a sport seat should, but then again, this car is meant to cruise, not for SCCA solo-D. Highway ride is excellent. AFM system turns on and off real stealth-like...and the fuel economy numbers for highway are stellar for this type of engine.

SS Impala 2008
By Doug on 05/17/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The SS is a good overall car. I traded in an Audi A4 3.2. There is no comparison the Audi wins hands down. The SS is a big roomy car and fun to drive, it has power and looks great but the handling + torque steer makes it an effort to drive other then in a straight line. The car is a gas guzzler unless you drive it slow.When you drive it aggressivly be prepared to get 12 mpg. If you set the cruise control at 62 mph on the highway you will get 19mpg. Driving easy around town your best gas mileage wil be 15 mpg. I do like the car for the money. People stop to look at this car and they really like the sound, most can't beleive it's a Chevy. If the new model is RWD I will buy another one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*