Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

60,000 Miles later!!!
By Anthony

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had so much fun with a car. The SS is a blast to drive and its sad the 09 year was the last one. I just turned 60k miles already and had the rotors cut once, and a bad fuel evaporator canister needed to be changed. I still have the original tires on the car!I only wish the import buyers would have driven an SS before purchasing a car. The Imp has a ton of room and a huge trunk too! I have avged @ 20 mpgs between city and highway driving. Buy a used one today and it is the steal of the century since resale isn't to strong. If Chevy would have really promoted the car it would have survived. Find one and have some fun!!!

V8..cant beat a small block! Heated seats and the flip and fold back seat. Plenty of space to hold the family. And again V8!!

Brakes fade pretty fast. Handling and seat bolstered could use improvement. For the money you couldn't beat this car. Was the best value when new now a screaming bargain used!!

Disappointed in Chevy
By Frank

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has had to be back to the dealer 7 times for emissions related codes that cause a check-engine light within the first 17 months of ownership. It happened 4 times in the first year, but I didn't file a lemon law claim in time (it had to be done within the first 12 months) and now Chevy won't buy it back and I have changed to a different dealer for the last couple of repairs.

None.

QUALITY. Why doesn't Chevy get this and why won't they buy it back from me. I am willing to take a hit on the price, but I would feel guilty selling it to anyone other than Chevy.

LTZ-Best car for the dollar
By JWT in Indianapolis

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 LTZ is the best car I have ever owned(2 Cadillacs, 2 Porsches, 3 Toyotas, 1 Ford, 1 Buick, 1 BMW). It is well equipped, fun to drive, built with quality, and good looking. It gets about 26-30 mpg on the highway depending on speed driven. If I keep it at 65mph or less I get close to 30 mpg. I get 20-22 back and forth to work (to/from downtown Indianapolis). I really like the look of the 18 inch tires.

Bose and XM radio are a great feature. I can't do without the seat warmers. I enjoy the information provided on the display-gas mileage, tire pressure, compass, %oil. change, etc. The 18 inch tires look great. The large trunk easily accommodates two sets of golf clubs and a pull cart.

I wish it had back-up sensors.

The Way to Go
By Bob Riehm

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned in my 2007 Impala SS. It was a fantastic car. Took on a few cross country long trips and clocked 27mpg on the hwy. The car always performed perfectly and had real power when I needed it. My new 2008 from the dealer (demo with 6,000 mi.) is similar to the old one. Not much change, and the 2010 are virtually the same so..... I went for the deal. I will continue to buy this venue of car (American all the way) before spending thousands more on a foreign hottie which really can't compare to the American Impala SS. The price is right and the feel is right, both in the car itself and the American pride.... "step on it !!!!"

"Good Car not Great car"
By Scott

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 08 Impala Lt 3.5 V6 used with nearly 26,000 miles on it. It was in pristine shape. It runs good ONLY execpt for my excessive tire alignment problems that the factory warranty wont cover. Yea the bumper to bumper the covers "almost" everything. Other than those minor problems and the lagging power of the V6 i think it was a great buy.

Huge trunk, really like the look, radio is fantastic for just the basic stock any very roomy

Alot of outside noise when no music is on, handling is clumsy, should just make the 3.9 v-6 and the SS model.

• SUV