2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Sort Reviews by

bad deal
By Anonymous

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car brand new and i loved it at first. Then i started to have problems, rear defrost don't shut off, needed a new rack and pinion at 25,000 miles and know at 34,500 miles i need a new ball joint and we had new tires put on the car and they can't do an alignment on the tires because of the way the tires sit on the rims. They have low profile tires and they look nice but they are awful.

Favorite Features

heated seats and remote start are great

Suggested Improvements

do something different with the tires.

Somewhat Disappointed
By Billl

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was between the Impala and the Malibu. I picked the Impala because it was bigger and advertised mileage was almost as good. My driving is 90% highway and the best mileage I have gotten after 5000 miles is 24.5 but usually getting around 23, the dealer had the nerve to put a 30mpg sticker on the car. I miss my 2000 Monte Carlo SS that regularly got 27-30 mpg. Feature wise the car is good although they cheaped out on the radio - sounds terrible no matter how I adjust it and I miss the auto darkening rearview mirror on my Monte. The heat/ac controls are terrible, every time I put my hand near it they move - to small and soft to the touch. OnStar is hard to use and people can't hear me.

Favorite Features

Car looks sharp, 18" wheels, heated seats, driver information center, trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage, auto darkening rearview mirror, radio needs work, heat/ac control lever is mushy and hard to use, at a minimum it should have more resistance

2008 50th Anniversary Impala
By kkldmurphy

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far, so good with our new Impala. I was able to take advantage of the last day GM offered a $2,500 rebate which, after negotiating using Edmund's TMV pricing report, provided a very satisfying purchase price. The black granite metallic paint and 18-inch wheels give the exterior an attractive, masculine look. The front interior is very nice. I like the brushed metallic dash a bit better than the faux wood offered on the base model. Rear seat leg room is cramped if the front seats are all the way back. Performance is what I expected from the 3.5 V6. All in all a very nice looking car that I hope to enjoy for many years.

Favorite Features

OnStar, satellite radio, two-tone leather, exterior appearance. competitive price

Suggested Improvements

A couple inches off the trunk to accommodate adjustable rear seat backs to provide more leg room.

Solid Vehicle for the Money
By dlewis

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I previously drove a 2001 Monte Carlo SS after owning two T-birds (hated the 2-seater style change). Went with the 2008 Impala as there aren't many full- size 2-door coupes on the market these days. The 50th Anniversary Edition is basically an LT model with more sporty features, the car looks a lot like the SS (including same 18" wheels/rims). The car rides smoothly, gas mileage is pretty much what the sticker says (it all depends on how you drive it). I like the two-tone interior. Front seats could provide more "lateral" support. Like the heated leather seats and garage door opener. Would have liked 6-disc CD changer and premium sound system, standard sound system just ok.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, smooth ride, gas mileage, two-tone interior, heated leather seats, universal remote system

Suggested Improvements

Larger side-view mirrors, 6-disc changer/premium sound system as standard feature (they threw in just about everything else), front seating that "hugs" the occupants better 9the 2001 Monte had awesome seats - important for someone with occassional back problems).

50th Anniversary
By Sandman

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of my expensive to repair VW GTI and bought the 50th anniversary model for 08. I love this car as it is a real hwy crusier unlike the GTI. I realy like the idea of OnStar for emergencies and road service. XM radio I don't think I will continue at the price they want. I thought there were not going to be any commericals, but there are many. Mileage so far has been only 23 mpg, but it still needs to be broken in more. I would really like a conv. Impala or at least a red interior like I had in my first 1959 Impala hardtop.

Favorite Features

Two tone seats, 3 DC outlets, OnStar, Xm radio, huge trunk and flip & fold rear seats, 18" wheels. Mileage is still on the low side where the GTI got 24 with a lead foot.

Suggested Improvements

Parking brake pedal gets in the way getting out of the car. Could use a handle inside the trunk for holding on to when closing the trunk lid. Would difinitely like a 110 volt power outlet, the HHR has three. I need to use an inverter that cost $30. Have sunroof glass retract inside the roof.

Mothers Red Jewel
By jsifferman

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet. City 19 mpg, Suburban 23 mpg, Cruise 65 on the interstate 30.5 mpg. All the goodies except the skylight. 18 inch wheels. No wind noises, smooth shifts, Wanted to buy an American made Malibu, but couldn't get under the steering wheel. Canadian Impala was next best offer. Lots of room inside. Power and heated driver and passenger seats. Remote start, OnStar and XM. 2 tone leather seats. For a 50th anniversity car, the trim could have been upgraded, but for a Chevrolet it rocks.

Favorite Features

Smooth. Let's hope it stays that way

Suggested Improvements

No coin holder. No place for cell phone. No place of garage door opener. Would like a mud flap option. The back of the trunk picks up excessive dirt and dust on dirt roads.