2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Regret buying this car!!!
By alsaims123 on 02/18/15 21:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my impala used from carmax. Bought it with 29k on it in 2011 since buying it i have had to replace transmission with 42k then front and rear head gaskets before the 50k manufacturer warranty was up. Since then used the carmax warranty to get the rear window defrost wiring replaced. The warranty's are all up, scared to see what is next. Granted i feel lucky compared to some of the issues people have had to done to their impala. Still have issues with the cd player, driver seat doesn't go up and down like it should. Won't buy another chevy car again.

mixed feelings
By ifyousayso on 04/08/13 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car certified used with 28,000 miles 2 mos after warped rotors. dealership w/ plenty of "warranty" says rotors aren't covered (bumper to bumper??). After market rotors hadn't come out yet so I had them turned. 1500 miles later warped again. I also noticed uneven tire wear. Took it in to have alignment checked dealer told me it was to GM spec. Took it to a local tire shop which informed me GM spec (at that time) was very broad. ie. Properly aligned didn't mean it was optimized for tire life. I had them align and put on a set of tires. 65000 miles later no uneven wear. clear coat started peeling from spoiler 2000 miles after warranty on paint was up. see Fav Features.

Getting my moneys worth.
By brad1992 on 02/02/13 09:59 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 impala LT 3.5 VVT in the cold Michigan winter of 2011 with 47000 Miles. The day after I bought it we had a 12 inch snow fall , thus making it near impossible to drive. However, at the time I was a Corrections Officer so it was imperitive that I make it to work. So I bundled up and braved the cold and, icy roads. This car was excellent on my commute. It never gave me any issues other than the traction control limiting the ammount of power I could supply to the wheels. I am proud to say I now have 80000 miles on this automobile and other than replacing the gas cap, battery and, two tires I have not had to do anything to it. I would def. purchase this car all over again.

Chevy don't FAIL me now!!
By iluvchevys on 07/24/12 12:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2008 for a little over 2 years and at first I loved it but now I'm starting to have problems. Feels like my transmission is slipping, if I'm at a dead stop when I press on the gas it is kinda hesitant (seems to only do this in the hot weather) When I run my ac it has less power, my back locks don't work. A year ago I had the reduce engine power show up but I let me car sit for the weekend and haven't had the message again (knock on wood) I still have 3 years left on my lease and I'm starting to get worried. My first car I bought was a complete lemon thought I was doing the smart thing going to a "major dealership" but the warranty that you buy seems to not cover anything.

Worst Car, Absolute Junk
By rmk711 on 04/07/12 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is absolutely the worst car I have ever owned, or known anybody to have ever owned, worst mistake of my car buying life letting myself be sold into buying this car. Everything on the car breaks! This car company is paid for in part by my tax dollars and at this point I feel like I have not only been ripped off by GM, but also by the American government. GM needs to take responsibility for its poor product designs whether part of the NEW GM or the OLD GM, recall these cars and give me a refund of absurd amount of money I have had to pay for a poor excuse of a way to get to work and pay my tax dollars to support this country.

** Very Reliable ***
By chat55904 on 03/02/12 10:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with higher miles 160,000 miles to be exact and i bought it in another state and had it shipped to me i figured i better order a Engine & Transmission just in case so i did and when i got the car it was nice needed nothing! I now have 204,000 miles on this car with the original Engine & Transmission I love to drive and this car is One i can not down talk it does have its flaws but then again what car don't! Gas milage is not the best but for the comfort and drive ability it is worth it plus its flex fuel which is 60 cent less a gallon!

I was involved in a accident that was not my fault, 25 days after I purchased my vehicle
By mlwoolum on 02/05/12 18:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 chevy impala, I bought the vehicle on December 20, 2011 and on Jan 14 2012 a guy ran a stop sign and I couldn't stop and I t-boned his truck. My son was in the car. We walked away from the accident, the only thing that happened to me was that the dash hit my knee and it is a little banged up. We were traveling at 55 mph when the other vehicle pulled out in front of us. The other guy didn't walk away he was in critical condition, he was taken to the hospital. For the impact that my car took, and we didn't get hurt. I HIGHLY recommend a impala to anyone. Look at the review's, i have since then purchased another impala, this is probably the only car I will ever purchase.

junk from day one
By tankzulla on 12/28/11 02:30 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought certified pre owned 2008 with 34k miles. 3 months in the ball join and control arm break replaced for free. november hits and snow falls car is uncontrollable in any snow or wet conditions even at 10 mph. 2 times car has flown across highway turning sideways almost crashed both times. i take it and the tires are worn to the medal on the inside of the tread out of pocket 250 for new ones with no explanation of why only the inside was worn down took it back out in the snow and lost it again. dealership has no solution and gm says its not awd that's why. when i could take my 95 turbo supra out and do better. such a pathetic company makes me sick any one else having this problem?

IMPALA THE UNSAFE VEHICLE
By randykn on 04/26/11 18:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are JUNK 34,000 miles equal 3 sets of tires, brakes 3 times. Rotors last a month at best. Can not be aligned properly, (recalled for goverment vehicles but not the public. DO NOT BUY A IMPALA you will be disapointed. Dealer suggestion to solve the brake problems is to NOT drive on any hills, quoate "these cars were not made for driving in the mountians" for 40 years i have driven GM cars but NO MORE. My 97 Taurus with 320,000 miles does not have the problems that my 2008 Impala has. Thouhjt i would buy my wife a safe car, boy was i wrong. NO MORE GM PRODUCTS FOR ME

Head gasket problem?
By LD on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one owner 56 K miles one owner, Rides drives great. Power 3500 V6 is well matched to car.MPG great in town 20's highway 29 and up. Runs quietly handles well tire wear good so far.Long trips do well. Over all like very well.Past car 3800 V6 Olds little more power.Should used it not the 3500 V6.Its a proven engine,Now 58K miles head gasket seems to be seeping antifreeze. does this problem have a history ? May need a new head & gasket !And rear elec door activator needs replaced already.$300 WOW $$ Hope have not got a bad car I do like it well.Had hoped it would be last car I needed i'm 72 years old now.Thinking should run over 120 K miles for me . I pray it will.