Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues
By michaelvanity

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months, I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice. I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design. So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving. Things ive had done in terms of matience Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive tires changed twice. Brakes changed once. No Major Issues. Im going to stick with my Chevys.

Smooth Ride, Big Trunk. Security of having a well built American car, I would gate getting into an accident with a rice rocket. And the Power. Vroom Vroom. Muscle car to say the least

Well it looks like everything I wanted is in the new 2014 model. Such a beauty

It's a love/hate relationship!
By dustinjoe

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.

Love the remote start, the chrome accents, heated seats, bose stereo system, and the steering wheel audio controls. The car is very comfortable and has lots of features The onstar is awesome. Love the driving directions it provides as I travel alot Its a great everyday car.

The door locks need to be fixed along with the a/c system. That doesnt prevent my from buying again, but the oil problems do. When I read reviews that does not consist of the oil troubles I will definately have another one. I love the car but hate the problems that is has.

Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

Fuel efficient

GM needs to learn to support the people that support them. I have owned only GM made vehicles. Every single one of the five vehicles had problems from the factory that GM would not repair or replace. The quality of product they produce is not worth the price they ask (and get). Because of GM's lack of integrity, I will not purchase another GM made vehicle. Sorry to say that, but it's true. So long GM.

Actually, a decent sedan
By Stavros

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

own for 3 yrs. & have 116,000 km. I have to say, its not BMW 5 level ride & style, but I gave it good ratings cause, for what it is, it does well. it has plenty of power and reasonably responsive and hwy. power is great for passing anything. fit n finish is a bit cheap and lines not perfectly matched up...interior is not so stylish, but functional...front seats are not bucket enough, so they don't hold you on sharp turns, but very comfortable for everyday and long trips, rear seats, very comfortable (according to my passengers). for big car, actually handles pretty good (LTZ model)as engine got broken in, I get 10.5 L/100 km.AVG. Good Family Mover. Drives & feels solid on hwy. speeds.

Power, stability control works great, huge trunk, rear flip up seat, exposing room to store stuff, solid safe feel on hwy.. low insurance cost on this car, fuel economy for big car and power is decent, computer messages, remote start which turns on defroster & defogger,4 sec. door lock delay, onstar

more bucket shaped seats to hold you, windshield wipers off position to sit lower on glass, more stylish console design, cup holds too deep (med. coffee lid is near top of cup hole, so lid is almost pushed off & harder to grab coffee, front passenger seat to have up/down movement & lumbar support

No more
By No more

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

Looks

Don't know where to start. GM needs to really work on their quality. It's no wonder why so many people switch to other brands.