2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Extended Warranty Needed
By debrajmsmith on 05/20/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot go wrong with this car (after the warranty went off), and we are still paying car payments to the bank. Besides expected things, like brakes and tires, the following things have gone wrong on this car so far: --1) emissions vent solenoid, 2) rear defogger, 3) front wheel barrings (both), 4) window washer pump, 5) air conditioning air-vent actuator, 6) key-less door lock units (all four) It is hard to feel comfortable driving a car that can have something go wrong so often, as well as hard to find any fun in it.

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake on 01/28/14 18:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

Used buy value
By stirfry1 on 01/01/14 09:01 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car one year old, now have 60,000 on it with no significant issues.

Great Car. So far so good
By chevalltheway on 10/09/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable. I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system. I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

Great value.
By stirfry1 on 08/24/13 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 20,000 on it, and now have 50,000 with no significant repair issues.

Value car
By desoto3 on 07/31/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2008 impala in 2011 with 59k on the speedometer. Besides a few issues I like the car. In 2013, the car now is at 92k.

Impala 08
By piercebmng on 04/14/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

locks, heater, fresh air, design, when back windows are down forget about it. bearings, tire wear, oil consumption, spudders, probably when the cylinders cut off the oil flows out filling the converter.

So far, so good
By lashacotton on 08/20/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala SS with just 33K miles on it. I have driven the car for three days and the gas mileage has been great. This car offers a smooth quiet ride. The only thing that I am kind of disappointed in is the side view mirrors, they are not extended from the car enough and makes it kinda difficult to see what is besides you in either direction. Also because of how the body it shaped, it can also be a little difficult to see what is behind you.

Solid, Safe & Reliable
By c_ram on 04/14/12 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years, I have followed the recommended maintenance schedule and had a great experience. We bought it for the safety (side airbag curtains standard & crash test results) & reliability and have not been disappointed. In response to the previos post, GM was bailed out by the government in March 2009 well after the 2008 Impala was designed, built and most likely sold. It is not responsible for your experience. Nor are the dealers, which are independently owned and operated.

great all-around sedan
By mace57 on 01/17/11 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala as a work vehicle. It has since become the all-around family work horse. Not bad looking with the spoiler, and sun roof. OK stero system. The car has a great balance of weight and power, and is super in the winter with good snow tires. we get about 24 mpg average. Lots of room and a hugh trunk. I have about 77k miles on it, and have had no repair issues. I think it is a great value, reliable sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.