Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Regret buying this car!!!
By alsaims123

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my impala used from carmax. Bought it with 29k on it in 2011 since buying it i have had to replace transmission with 42k then front and rear head gaskets before the 50k manufacturer warranty was up. Since then used the carmax warranty to get the rear window defrost wiring replaced. The warranty's are all up, scared to see what is next. Granted i feel lucky compared to some of the issues people have had to done to their impala. Still have issues with the cd player, driver seat doesn't go up and down like it should. Won't buy another chevy car again.

Favorite Features

XM satellite radio.

Extended Warranty Needed
By debrajmsmith

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot go wrong with this car (after the warranty went off), and we are still paying car payments to the bank. Besides expected things, like brakes and tires, the following things have gone wrong on this car so far: --1) emissions vent solenoid, 2) rear defogger, 3) front wheel barrings (both), 4) window washer pump, 5) air conditioning air-vent actuator, 6) key-less door lock units (all four) It is hard to feel comfortable driving a car that can have something go wrong so often, as well as hard to find any fun in it.

Favorite Features

It drives nicely and handles well, when nothing is wrong with it.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs to include a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. --Too much has gone wrong and we still have a while to go with owning it. I don't even want to think of what else is going to go wrong with it.

Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues
By michaelvanity

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months, I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice. I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design. So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving. Things ive had done in terms of matience Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive tires changed twice. Brakes changed once. No Major Issues. Im going to stick with my Chevys.

Favorite Features

Smooth Ride, Big Trunk. Security of having a well built American car, I would gate getting into an accident with a rice rocket. And the Power. Vroom Vroom. Muscle car to say the least

Suggested Improvements

Well it looks like everything I wanted is in the new 2014 model. Such a beauty

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

Favorite Features

None really, other than when it was between new-2 years old it was reliable and had no issues.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the horrible blind spots and make it a quality car again.

Run don't walk
By dennis139

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. We now have 80K. Trans jumps from starts, both right side door lock stopped working, rear window connector burned, now head gaskets leaking, and trans lines leaking. Total cost of repairs is 4000.00 dollars. Car in only worth about 8K. Paint finish is poor, Would not purchase another GM vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ride

Suggested Improvements

Starting building a quality product