2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
bad deal
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car brand new and i loved it at first. Then i started to have problems, rear defrost don't shut off, needed a new rack and pinion at 25,000 miles and know at 34,500 miles i need a new ball joint and we had new tires put on the car and they can't do an alignment on the tires because of the way the tires sit on the rims. They have low profile tires and they look nice but they are awful.

Somewhat Disappointed
By Billl on 01/27/09 18:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was between the Impala and the Malibu. I picked the Impala because it was bigger and advertised mileage was almost as good. My driving is 90% highway and the best mileage I have gotten after 5000 miles is 24.5 but usually getting around 23, the dealer had the nerve to put a 30mpg sticker on the car. I miss my 2000 Monte Carlo SS that regularly got 27-30 mpg. Feature wise the car is good although they cheaped out on the radio - sounds terrible no matter how I adjust it and I miss the auto darkening rearview mirror on my Monte. The heat/ac controls are terrible, every time I put my hand near it they move - to small and soft to the touch. OnStar is hard to use and people can't hear me.

2008 50th Anniversary Impala
By kkldmurphy on 07/13/08 06:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far, so good with our new Impala. I was able to take advantage of the last day GM offered a $2,500 rebate which, after negotiating using Edmund's TMV pricing report, provided a very satisfying purchase price. The black granite metallic paint and 18-inch wheels give the exterior an attractive, masculine look. The front interior is very nice. I like the brushed metallic dash a bit better than the faux wood offered on the base model. Rear seat leg room is cramped if the front seats are all the way back. Performance is what I expected from the 3.5 V6. All in all a very nice looking car that I hope to enjoy for many years.

Solid Vehicle for the Money
By dlewis on 06/18/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I previously drove a 2001 Monte Carlo SS after owning two T-birds (hated the 2-seater style change). Went with the 2008 Impala as there aren't many full- size 2-door coupes on the market these days. The 50th Anniversary Edition is basically an LT model with more sporty features, the car looks a lot like the SS (including same 18" wheels/rims). The car rides smoothly, gas mileage is pretty much what the sticker says (it all depends on how you drive it). I like the two-tone interior. Front seats could provide more "lateral" support. Like the heated leather seats and garage door opener. Would have liked 6-disc CD changer and premium sound system, standard sound system just ok.

50th Anniversary
By Sandman on 05/05/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got rid of my expensive to repair VW GTI and bought the 50th anniversary model for 08. I love this car as it is a real hwy crusier unlike the GTI. I realy like the idea of OnStar for emergencies and road service. XM radio I don't think I will continue at the price they want. I thought there were not going to be any commericals, but there are many. Mileage so far has been only 23 mpg, but it still needs to be broken in more. I would really like a conv. Impala or at least a red interior like I had in my first 1959 Impala hardtop.

Mothers Red Jewel
By jsifferman on 05/05/08 00:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet. City 19 mpg, Suburban 23 mpg, Cruise 65 on the interstate 30.5 mpg. All the goodies except the skylight. 18 inch wheels. No wind noises, smooth shifts, Wanted to buy an American made Malibu, but couldn't get under the steering wheel. Canadian Impala was next best offer. Lots of room inside. Power and heated driver and passenger seats. Remote start, OnStar and XM. 2 tone leather seats. For a 50th anniversity car, the trim could have been upgraded, but for a Chevrolet it rocks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.