2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Bought with 11k Now close to 100k no issues
By michaelvanity on 03/18/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing ive had to do to this car within the past 90k miles are oil changes every 6 months, I make sure to use the highest octane gas, And I only stick with one gas station, Shell being my choice. I have not had one probem thank God. And I plan on buying a new 2014 Impala, Love the new design. So heres how it add up. Me driving in San Francisco, I live here. Taking frequent trips to sacramento and reno. Lots of city driving. Things ive had done in terms of matience Oil Changes - Every 6 Months Reguardless of what meter says Best gas you can buy - IE most expensive tires changed twice. Brakes changed once. No Major Issues. Im going to stick with my Chevys.

It's a love/hate relationship!
By dustinjoe on 10/06/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.

Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274 on 04/18/11 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

Actually, a decent sedan
By Stavros on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

own for 3 yrs. & have 116,000 km. I have to say, its not BMW 5 level ride & style, but I gave it good ratings cause, for what it is, it does well. it has plenty of power and reasonably responsive and hwy. power is great for passing anything. fit n finish is a bit cheap and lines not perfectly matched up...interior is not so stylish, but functional...front seats are not bucket enough, so they don't hold you on sharp turns, but very comfortable for everyday and long trips, rear seats, very comfortable (according to my passengers). for big car, actually handles pretty good (LTZ model)as engine got broken in, I get 10.5 L/100 km.AVG. Good Family Mover. Drives & feels solid on hwy. speeds.

No more
By No more on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

Stylish and Underrated
By John G on 09/03/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2008 Prius, that's right, Toyota Prius for this car. The Prius had 32K miles, this car had 24K miles. The Impala now has 55K. This car has been a joy to own with a few issues. I commute a total of 60 miles per day and drive around 550 per week. I average a very fine 23.5 mpg overall. The care runs extremely well and is smooth. I would buy again, but there are a few troubling issues. The car uses a quart of oil every 1800 miles. The dealership is looking into this to see if they can find the issue. Cylinder deactivation works very well. Car handles ok and rides well. Seats are very comfortable for me, but my wife complains about the passenger seat. The leather is awesome.

Another Chevy
By Norma & Jim on 03/20/10 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned quite a few Chevy cars over the years and some were better than others. We bought a 2005 Impala in 2006 and it`s been one of the best. Then we bought this 2008 Impala LTZ used. It is stylish, comfortable, quiet and just an all around nice car. It has 40000 mi but still drives and looks like new.

More good than bad
By Don W on 12/18/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for 20 months and 30000 miles. No tire replacement yet, maybe 6000 miles more on them. I love the performance. I owned a Malibu before this Impala. I just feel the Impala is more stable, especially when needing a fast acceleration, or a quick braking. The extra-loud cabin noises (engine Whine and outside wind) are irritating.

LTZ-Best car for the dollar
By JWT in Indianapolis on 10/31/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 LTZ is the best car I have ever owned(2 Cadillacs, 2 Porsches, 3 Toyotas, 1 Ford, 1 Buick, 1 BMW). It is well equipped, fun to drive, built with quality, and good looking. It gets about 26-30 mpg on the highway depending on speed driven. If I keep it at 65mph or less I get close to 30 mpg. I get 20-22 back and forth to work (to/from downtown Indianapolis). I really like the look of the 18 inch tires.

great value
By codger on 07/18/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

replaced 2000 Jaguar S Type 3.0. Needed more leg room and a larger trunk. Miss my memory seat & steering. The build quality is as good as any import I have owned ( Jaguar, Volvo, Infinity etc.)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.