Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great car love the smooth ride
By Richard Cerkleski

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 8 yrs not a bit of trouble only 37000 mi but still runs like new

Is what it is
By John

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Low resale value even tho great car

2008 Impala LS
By Dederic Crisp

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used abt 3.5 years ago. lock actuators had to be replaced. I know have 200000 miles on it and it's been a pretty reliable vehicle. I only wish GM would've gotten the kinks out of the motor and transmission.

Extended Warranty Needed
By debrajmsmith

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot go wrong with this car (after the warranty went off), and we are still paying car payments to the bank.

Besides expected things, like brakes and tires, the following things have gone wrong on this car so far:
--1) emissions vent solenoid, 2) rear defogger, 3) front wheel barrings (both), 4) window washer pump, 5) air conditioning air-vent actuator, 6) key-less door lock units (all four)

It is hard to feel comfortable driving a car that can have something go wrong so often, as well as hard to find any fun in it.

It drives nicely and handles well, when nothing is wrong with it.

The car needs to include a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. --Too much has gone wrong and we still have a while to go with owning it. I don't even want to think of what else is going to go wrong with it.

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

None really, other than when it was between new-2 years old it was reliable and had no issues.

Do something about the horrible blind spots and make it a quality car again.