Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Extended Warranty Needed
By debrajmsmith

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot go wrong with this car (after the warranty went off), and we are still paying car payments to the bank. Besides expected things, like brakes and tires, the following things have gone wrong on this car so far: --1) emissions vent solenoid, 2) rear defogger, 3) front wheel barrings (both), 4) window washer pump, 5) air conditioning air-vent actuator, 6) key-less door lock units (all four) It is hard to feel comfortable driving a car that can have something go wrong so often, as well as hard to find any fun in it.

Favorite Features

It drives nicely and handles well, when nothing is wrong with it.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs to include a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. --Too much has gone wrong and we still have a while to go with owning it. I don't even want to think of what else is going to go wrong with it.

Solid, Safe & Reliable
By c_ram

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years, I have followed the recommended maintenance schedule and had a great experience. We bought it for the safety (side airbag curtains standard & crash test results) & reliability and have not been disappointed. In response to the previos post, GM was bailed out by the government in March 2009 well after the 2008 Impala was designed, built and most likely sold. It is not responsible for your experience. Nor are the dealers, which are independently owned and operated.

Favorite Features

Safety, drive comfort & reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise & cabin design.

Won't buy another GM vehicle.
By md_jake

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was my first new one in over 30 years. Bought new against my usual practice of buying used. This car has the worst blind spots of any vehicle I have ever driven, including my pickup truck with a bed cap on it. I have 73k on it now and have already had to replace all four rotors once, had the bottoms of the front doors and right rear fender in the shop for rust work (under warranty) and now my AC compressor is broken ... in the middle of January of all times. Also, my stereo has never worked properly and only plays music through the rear speakers 99% of the time.I think I will trade it in while it has the most trade-in value and try a foreign car or another Ford product.

Favorite Features

None really, other than when it was between new-2 years old it was reliable and had no issues.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the horrible blind spots and make it a quality car again.

Great value.
By stirfry1

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 20,000 on it, and now have 50,000 with no significant repair issues.

Favorite Features

Smooth Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension system.

Great Car. So far so good
By chevalltheway

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable. I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system. I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, spacious interior, large trunk. Reliable. Handles great in the city and solid feel on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a power seat or manual height adjustment on the passenger seat.