6 of 15 people found this review helpful
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By marnet on
Vehicle2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Split bench seat with column shift lever, comfortable suspension, generally good driver visibility, huge trunk.
Large blind spots at C pillars.
1) Tire pressure monitor / key fob / antenna took 3 tries to fix under recall in first few months.
2) Problem in steering column fixed under recall in first year.
3) Power steering pump failed at 30,000
4) Water pump failed at 35,000
5) Part of wiring harness burned up at 45,000
6) Now at 50,000 fuel pump noisy, a/c/heater blower not working properly, motor mounts broken, and transmission slipping.
All these major problems despite adhering to the "severe use" maintenance schedule.
Best Features* Split bench seat * Shift lever on steering column * Radio controls in steering wheel * Easy to read instrument readouts * Mostly easy to use dashboard controls * Power seat * Good visibility out back window * Huge trunk
Worst FeaturesBetter engineering and production of critical components!!!
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.