2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: My bad experience

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

My bad experience
By celestial on

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We paid 17,000 for this car at only 2 yrs old. It had great performance at first, the lost all it's gusto. We were going through tires in the back like crazy and found out later there was a recall. We got into a head on car accident at 70km/hr and NOT 1 airbag went off. We had curtain and front airbags and nothing. Thankfully we walked away. The car was totaled. The other car had all airbags deployed. Contacted chev, got the run around. After research found out some of these cars were sold without air bags. We wanted it investigated but our car was mysteriously crushed 3 days after the accident. Prior to the accident, the whole exhaust system needed replacing, the electrical was going $.

The inside was nice but the seats were very uncomfortable on long trips. trunk size was big. Not much else to say about it that was good.

Needs tons of improvements. The car I had was not the base model. It's very loose in the back end in winter, even with good tires. Chev should make sure all the cars have air bags or issue a recall. If you have one, check for the recall of the back tires and save yourself some money on wearing tires. Despite regular on time maintenance the car was falling apart from the inside out by 125,000 km. Nice big price tag for junk. I know it's rated high but I would never buy another one!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review