Really put out with Chevy and my Impala
By bigfig59 on
2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
My 2007 Chevy Impala seems to be 'hesitating' to take off when i stop at a stop sign or back out of the drive way or take off from anywhere. I push on the gas then the car lunges and sometimes even hard enough to squeal the tires. I have reported this to my local GM dealer and had them hook it up to the 'computer' but it supposedly showed nothing. They kept it overnight and tried driving it in the morning but said it did not do it for them...?? So they cleaned something to do with the fueil filter system and then the car seemed to idle really high; i could literally idel down the street without ever pressing on the gas at a pretty good clip. NOW....in the last few day (3 times) my car
Suggested Improvements
Make them to where they will run and operate like they should and will LAST the consumer. A car shouldnt blow a head gasket at 46k or have steering problems or transmisison problems and be told by the dealer 'oh its nothing.......we couldnt find any 'codes' .......to heck with your stupid codes........FIX MY DANG CAR!
By theprof13
on 01/11/14 12:40 PM (PST)

This is my first post here but ive been reading everyones to figure out whats wrong with my 2007 3.9L impala. the hesitation the cutting off doing 70mph on the highway almost got me and my kids killed and it does it with no warning. light on one day and off the next. ive replace the oil sending sensor, accelerator pedal sensor and throttle motor and I have done the reset and all for nothing because after a few days the light come back on. don't wanna take it to the dealer for them to say nothings wrong and charge me $180. im so close to buying a Nissan after owning gm my whole life. can anyone help????

By jasonm78
on 11/29/13 15:30 PM (PST)

I feel your pain, I cannot wait until taxes so I can get rid of this piece of garbage.