2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: My great Impala

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

My great Impala
By Alan on

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2007. Have had many new cars in my life: imports and Detroit iron. This one is the best. Replaced tires a couple months ago; that's it for repairs. Have had zero problems with the car. This is the first time I've ever had a new car without a warranty repair, and I'm picky! No rattles -- everything works. Car is comfortable and gets a genuine 30 mpg highway and has given us 27 mpg overall since purchase. I bought an Impala because I ran them in my fleet at work and was impressed by their reliability and low cost to operate.

Love the XM radio, especially when we travel out west. The steering wheel audio controls work nice. OK, it's not as roomy as my 1967 Impala was, but I can still get me, my wife, daughter-in-law and two grandsons in the car and five sets of golf clubs in the trunk. That's in a 30 mpg car!

I got the car with column mount shifter because the chrome ring around the floor shifter reflects the sun in your eyes. Cup holders are also more awkward with floor shifter. Could use better outside mirrors.