Me likey the Impala SS
By impalasswally on
2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I like my Impala SS! Not incredibly sexy from certain angles, and the interior style is hideous, but for the $$, an incredible buy. V-8 power, better gas milage than my wifes V-6 Traverse (thanks to 4-cyl shut-off ... which you never notice). 0 to 60 sub 5.7 sec ... the new $40K Impala with the same HP is going to be Plus 7 sec. It stickered for $31K loaded, got it for 25K between 3K off from dealer, and 3K from GM card earnings. I am out of warranty almost a year now - almost 6 years old. I will admit, mostly local driving (I live close to work) and only 31K miles, but bullet proof. Starts every day, just changed oil. Both front hubs have been changed recently - only repair in 6 years.
Favorite Features
Power, Power and Power! I am not a fast driver, but when you want to pass that annoying SOB who cuts you off, outside of truly fast sports cars, untouchable. Bose strero is also very good. Leather seats are good to ... not Lexus like, but fit the purpose. Chrome 18" rims are much needed style to an otherwise dull exterior. Fold down rear seats are a great cargo feature.
Suggested Improvements
Wood trim is hideous, although I opted for it over the fake metal trim, so much so that I opted not to get the color I wanted (Laser Blue Metallic), just to get the wood, in Red Metallic. Could use the wood trim on the Toyota Avalon ... as a matter of fact, it could use the whole intereior of the Avalon, or for the time, the Hyundai Azera. Both had superior interiors, but I opted for the uniqueness of the SS, with its V-8. The huge trunk could have been sacrificed for a little more rear seat room. Power sunroof, although I love, should not slide open outside the car, but in the roof.