2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 9

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
I got a bad one!
By ejgalindo on 09/05/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last summer and have had several problems ever since. The tires and its sensors have been going bad since day one. Had all sensors and tires replaced. At 16K miles, the AC compressor went out and busted the drive belt. Transmission leaks in the upper seal and gasket, which I took care of in my mechanic shop. Suspension was replaced on the left side due to a minor accident, but it's still not the same. I'm really disappointed with this vehicle. I've wasted a lot of time getting this car in and out of the shop. Both my parents have new Chevys and that's all we've owned. I guess I just got the bad one in the bunch.

They got it right.
By mickey727 on 08/27/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rides and handles like a Cadillac for tens of thousands less. The 3.5 vvt gives me 24 in the city and 32 on the road with gasoline. 3600 lbs and excellent mileage. The body styling is what attracted me to this American marvel.

Average car
By GSA on 08/13/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was attracted to this car by the advertised fuel economy (32 highway), the exterior looks, and roomy trunk. I am very dissappointed in the fuel economy & performance. In reality it averages about 26-27 MPG on the highway. Also I find that the car is not very responsive & often I am flooring it to get enough pickup to pass on the highway. And worst of all, I am thinking of replacing it soon and it has lost mot of it's value. In fairness to the car, it has been very reliable and I feel it is built solid but it is not very fun to drive and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone who is looking for something more sporty.

Impala 3.9 LT is a great car!
By jc0860 on 08/10/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is comfortable, elegant interior, and the performance is excellent. My last three cars were Acura TL's (02 Type S, 04 and 05). I loved them but have had my eye on an Impala for awhile and decided to give it a try. I think this car compares equally well in just about every category. I miss the bluetooth of the TL, but the ride is much more comfortable. Not quite as sporty as the TL, but still fun to drive and the 3.9 engine performance is outstanding. MPG has be great. Average over 30 on the hwy and low 20's in town. Excellent for the size of the car. The car is an absolute pleasure and has restored my faith in GM.

Impala Great Buy
By Kevin on 08/10/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I believe the Impala is the best buy in its class for the buck. This vehicle has great performance and fuel mileage. I average 20-21mpg in town with the 3.9 engine. I do not do a lot of highway driving, but a friend of mine has a 2008 Impala and he says he gets anywhere from 31-34 mpg on the highway with non ethanol gas. So far I have had no problems with this car. I believe the styling is great and have read there is one more year of this style before a body change.If you are looking for a full size car I blieve you cannot go wrong with the Chevrolet Impala.

Better than the Impala SS
By D.R. on 07/17/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had purchased on 06 Impala SS. What a dud, handled poorly, terrible torque steer. Got rid of it and bought 07 Impala 3.5 FFV which handled much better than the SS! Very functional, geographically challenged wife loves turn by turn navigation and XM radio. Gets good mileage and is well equiped for safety. Glad I got the FFV which is about 4 mpg less than regular but at over a buck difference it is worth it.

Still ove this car!
By Still love this car! on 06/19/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have just shy of 64,000 miles on my company car. What's not to like? Gas mileage is unbelievable in such a large car, easy 30+ on the highway! Decent looks, comfortable, and safe. Huge trunk, lots of room. Water pump had to be replaced at 60,000 miles, which was odd, but other than that, no problems. Will order a new one at 100,000 miles.

My Impala LTZ
By T.Scott on 06/17/08 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my LTZ in March of 2007. I love almost everything about it, the only problems that I have is a persistent knocking sound in the rear of the car, and the suspension is a tad soft for my driving habits (which was fixed for the 2008MY with the FE3 suspension). Comfortable cruiser on the highway, which is important for me given my commute. Great car overall; I get a lot of positive comments from random people about how nice it looks.

Nice car with lots of "extras" but ...
By juzt-me on 06/15/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2007 has lost of neat extras and they are mostly driver enhancements such as direction, mpg avg, mpg instant, temp outside, etc. I will be honest and say that I like the interior lay-out of my old 2003 Impala much better and this car seems smaller inside. But, I do like the steering wheel in the 2007 over the 2003 model, more comfy on the hands. The trunk is definitely smaller and does not have the back seat pull downs that allow access to the trunk or longer storage for those items that just don't quite fit in the trunk. The exterior of the 2007 is more sleek and sporty but I really like the look of my old 2003 better. The car is still amazing on mileage as I generally avg 30+ mpg.

Worst car I ever Owned
By Ron on 06/13/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Electronic nightmare started with tire monitor system and went downhill from there. Dealers don't know how to fix. Replaced multiple transmissions. Had to sell after 18 months. Spent more time in the shop than on the road. A little more cash will buy a reliable BMW. Don't waste time on the SS.