2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Excellent car!
By Adam from Houston Tx on 12/31/08 05:11 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been completely reliable every step of the way. I would recommend this car highly to anyone buying a new or used car! Well built car and very well designed.

Disappointed
By Gilligan on 12/30/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very disappointed, bad paint quality and interior pieces, especially the drivers seat, continue to fall apart. Now just lost both by transmission and torque converter at 74000 miles. Guess that is why GM only stands behind their transmissions for 36000 miles. It is a very fun car to drive, no questions, and I routinely get 26-28 MPG on highway. Tire air pressure monitors are useless and I also have a short in the car no one can find and I keep having dead batteries. They cost around $200 if you buy them and install them yourself and you can plan on adding another $50 to have it installed.

Love it!
By Bethie on 12/30/08 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car but have to agree with a few of the earlier reviews about the tire sensor system. It is very touchy and the light goes on all of the time. Now that I just rotated my tires, it doesn't happen quite so often, but it is annoying. On top of that, in the MN cold weather, the radio doesn't turn on when starting the car - just makes a static sound so I have to turn it off until the engine warms up. Haven't brought that to the attention of my dealer yet. Otherwise, this is a smooth ride and I get lots of compliments on how it looks. I feel very safe in it, too!

Impala SS: Update to my 01/21/08 Review
By Morgan Hayden on 12/08/08 10:05 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought I would update my 01/21/08 review to help fellow readers; my ratings have been adjusted a little bit. Since Jan '08 I have added a complete Magnaflow exhaust system, K&N intake, and had the car extensively dynotuned. I realize these are steps most owners will not take to fully explore the SS's capabilities, but if you do-- wow! Highway MPG is up slightly, 0-60 times are down to the low 5's, HP is now around 335. Friends and clients often ask to drive the car; they love the room, the power, and how tight the car feels. My SS is Silverstone Metallic & garners many "That's so classy!" comments. The only downside is that I've had the steering shaft replaced under warranty.

Excellent Car!
By Mike in Texas on 11/12/08 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My wife is in sales and needed a larger car to drive clients around and to carry lots of product samples. So we got the 2LT with leather, sunroof, blue tooth connectivity, dual climate zones etc. This revised Impala is nice looking and very comfortable to ride in. The 3.9l engine has good power and still gets 24.5mpg on Dallas freeways. In city traffic, it gets about 21MPG.

Excellent American Built Car
By Dale on 10/22/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent build car by Chevrolet. I love to drive this car. Very comfortable and quiet. Excellent gas mileage for large car

Great Car for the Money
By Tony on 10/01/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a great value. 300 Hp and styling that will not get the attention of local law enforcement. I have been very pleased with this vehicle. It is true that the car has torque steer, but I have found that you get used to it very quickly. When I was looking for a vehicle I needed 5 things, under 20k, front wheel drive, auto, 4 doors and 300+ hp. There is no other vehicle that can match thoese requirements.

Wheel Alignment & Steering Shaft
By CB on 09/15/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rear wheels not adjustable for alignment. Had tire dealer put adjustments on aftermarket. GM would not support this action after-the- fact. Heard of police car recall in effect for a similar problem but GM would not standby or admit to failure of virtually same problem on my vehicle.They did not allow under Chevy extended warranty. Required new intermediate steering shaft at 57,000 miles. Drivers door leaks during rain.

Love my Impala!
By GirlyGurlCarlover on 09/14/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of the high safety ratings. It proves to be a well built and reliable car. It has a nice exterior design, classy look, without being too trendy. The interior is very nice. I love the dash with the woodgrain interior. This car offers lots of room inside and has ample trunk space. The V6 engine makes this car a joy to drive. I love the alloy wheels and the design of the car. The bold look of the car is very sophisticated. I went into a store and bought a six foot long plant, to my suprised this fit in the inside of the car. I didn't need to use the trunk. Good gas mileage, smooth ride, nice design and reliable. Who could ask for more? Now I want the 2010!

I got a bad one!
By ejgalindo on 09/05/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last summer and have had several problems ever since. The tires and its sensors have been going bad since day one. Had all sensors and tires replaced. At 16K miles, the AC compressor went out and busted the drive belt. Transmission leaks in the upper seal and gasket, which I took care of in my mechanic shop. Suspension was replaced on the left side due to a minor accident, but it's still not the same. I'm really disappointed with this vehicle. I've wasted a lot of time getting this car in and out of the shop. Both my parents have new Chevys and that's all we've owned. I guess I just got the bad one in the bunch.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.