Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Good car for the price
By Gohia

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Impala with 32,000 miles on it have had to replace the tires which is normal with any car with currently now in Oct. of 2010 78,000 miles on it. Runs pretty smooth I am about to get the brakes replaced so that will be the first costly maintenance. Other than that no real complaints.

Real good snow driving, very few repairs to date, running strong at 78,000 miles currently.

When parked on a slight incline it is really hard to shift from park to drive have to put a lot of strength into shifting. Also not a very fun car to drive could use a more edgy look and feel.

stuck in park
By liz williams

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It angers me that other people are having the stuck in park problem. They know there is a problem going on. I also have a bad rotor, need new tires, I bought this with 20,000 on it, have driven it for 7000 miles, it's dead in the church parking lot, won't shift. Thought with only 20,000 miles on it it would be like new.

Fix the shifting lever, this is a known defect, a very big and costly inconvenience, I am going to try and unload this piece of junk.

GM Needs Quality Control
By rippontiac

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix that was fun sporty and fast. However its radiator cracked at about 200,000. I figured I should get a Chevy because i figured it would be a nice car. I was wrong I should have bought another Pontiac or Ford. I'm replacing tires every 19,000 miles approximately because the car came with a weird toe angle on the rear tires, the suspension and steering are too loose. On the suggested improvements i ran out of characters

1. Keyless entrance 2. Keyless start 3. Looks nice 4. Fairly decent power for sedan (stronger than my Toyota Camry and Honda Accord I had but weaker than my grand prix 5. Comfortable

1. Toe angle so tires do not need to be replaced constantly 2. Steering 3. Suspension 4. Magnesium wheels Rather than iron 5. Pillars are too fat 6. Mirrors are unbelievably small 7. Alignment issues 8. Hose to radiator started leaking at 26,000 miles 9. No rear cup holders 10. Center console is akward

Buy American
By Mark

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This American sedan is great for anything I need a car to do. It has great room, good MPG, safe, nice style and design. The best thing about my American made Chevrolet is that it did not put an American out of work when I bought it! I had a 2003 BMW 540i until the car market went south. That is when I bought American and will again. If you live in Michigan you should think about buying a great American made Chevrolet Impala LTZ or SS.

Room, MPG and style

Memory seating and digital climate control

Engine Problems x3 in 6 months
By nomoregm

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Impala with 53,000 miles 6mo ago. Forth time having it serviced and only at 63,000. PCM failed after 4 months which hydrolocked my engine. Hydrolock caused fuel injectors to go and a bent piston. Had my car back for 24 hours after 2nd fix of engine problems and engine light is back on. GM unwilling to help any further. This was my first GM product and my LAST.. Owned a 1999 Dodge for 160,000 miles and no where near the problems I have experienced in just 10,000 miles with my Impala.

Better built engines.