2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Not too bad, not too great
By Jimmy on 04/16/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I like the car overall. My car is fire engine red, but not gaudy looking. It's very classy, comfortable and I get lots of compliments. As I read the reviews, I noticed several others with the same problems I've had. Drivers door leaks in the rain (very minor), door moldings have peeled up twice, and the tire sensors had to be replaced. Overall, it has been a good car, but there are just a few fairly simple design features that could use some improvements. It is a pretty classy car though!

2007 impala
By 07honey on 04/15/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

window wind noisy. loud road noise, shifting is not smooth, very uncomfortable, small things seem to always go wrong.

Great Car
By Dale on 04/15/09 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my impala. Ride is great. Very quiet. Excellent gas mileage. Going to Boston on time kept a steady speed of 62, and very light on gas and averaged 39 miles to the gallon. Average back and forth to work, which is 40% city 60% highway average 25.2 my daughter cobalt only averages 27.5 in same type of driving.

Tire Monitor System a royal pain
By andrew on 04/13/09 22:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car has been serviced regularly at Chevy dealership and tire rotations followed to the tee--result? New tires and alignment at 31K...terrible. Had steering shaft replaced and air filter box under hood simply fell apart...as well as several visits to address Tire Monitor System which does not operate properly--and they cannot seem to fix it so that's bad stuff too...bought American why?

Impala Poor
By Impala on 04/06/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned Chevys since 1981. This car has a very poor interior design. Esp if you get the front split seat. Items fall between the seats all the time. The ctr console forces this. Suspension problems, brake problems and overall poor quality. My 2005 Equinox is just as bad. No more GM for me.

Needs a little work
By J Scoggins on 02/24/09 12:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a mail carrier, so I have the bench seat, and I drive a lot of miles a day. It is very comfortable and dependable and I love my car, but the tire pressure monitor system is always messing up and the trim on the doors have peeled back twice, have already been through a water pump, emissions sensor, and a timing sensor at 50,000 miles,the trunk latch got stuck had to remove the back seat to open it to fix. Every once in a while the radio will not work, and the blinkers come thru the speakers very loudly, and the dealer cannot find the problem. I think it is in the ignition. But for the most part I am pleased. And the dealer has fixed everything execpt emissions, it is not covered on warranty.

2007 Impala LTZ
By Jeff Newman on 02/17/09 13:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used. Already have had new tires, alignment, brakes, steering shaft, battery, and now the alternator is squealing, just past the warranty expiration date. The rear end bushings squeak, and the seat heaters refuse to work when you sit down in them.

Great car
By ABRAN on 02/17/09 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We use this car for work everyday. Overall city/hway 26.5. Hiway mileage top was 36.5mpg (certified!) Denver- Kerrville,Tx.! Comfortable, quick, plenty of room. Use it for 5 people regularly. Sensitive to alignment. No other basic faults. Great little car.

Value for Money
By Joe on 01/28/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new after traveling 2,000 miles in a rental car in 5 days. Gas mileage on my car varies between 23 in town to over 30 at 70mph. Best was 34. Very reliable. Had a two small issues that the dealer addressed. I love the 3.5's high torque at low rpm. Very good value for the money.

Junk
By getit on 01/13/09 16:12 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for company use in 2006. It is now 2009 and this car has pretty much been replaced. The tire monitor system constantly breaks, the hot air only works at 1500+rpms both fenders have been replaced, the tires wore out at 30,000 miles the gas gauge reads wrong, the paint is bad, the fuel tank had to be replaced, two injecters went bad. My MAF went bad, the driver seat ripped, the wood trim inside fell off, the rear speakers dont work, the engine makes alot of noise at idle and shakes bad at idle, the RPM gauge is faulty, the car idles to high, the power seats don't work, my rack went bad followed by my power steering pump, had tranny problems, and a ton more