2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Constant problems
By Lynda Baxter on 09/25/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my impala in October 08,and I have not yet had it a year and there is water flying from the car,the engine light keeps coming on, I had the top hose replaced, the oil light keeps saying change oil. it is not time for a change yet, I am truly disappointed in this car.I have made sure that maintenance has been kept up and now I am being hit with problems on top of problems. Where do you go from here?

DISAPPOINTED!!!
By DISAPPOINTED!! on 08/29/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just LOVED my Impala and thought I couldn't have been more satisfied with a car like I had been with this one! However, I have noticed in the past month or so that the door molding is tearing out of the door, the trim between the front and back doors is getting spots sorta' like the paint is fading off and NOW - TODAY - IT HAD TO BE TOWED IN TO THE SERVICE SHOP! I have less than 35,000 miles on my car, the battery is fine but there is problem with the electrical system. Also, I get disgusted with the tire sensors too!!!!!

Solid Performer
By RRS on 08/23/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was the third Chevy I bought in succession. The prior two were a 1998 Monte Carlo and a 2003 Impala LE. I chose the SS for the added torque and performance that are missing in the V6 Impala models. The car handles well and the performance is there when needed. Gas economy is fair. I have had no mechanical issues with this car. I have all regularly scheduled maintenance done either at the dealers or at the local Jiffy Lube. I tore the fiberglass front running it up on some snow in a parking lot last winter. I am sure that this will be an issue at lease end. I was surprised at the amount of damage for such minor impact. The front design of the car is unforgiving for minor impact

Nice Car
By luisga on 07/04/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Powerful and great in gas. For those of you that are having problems with the tire pressure monitor system and your warranty expired it is easy to fix and all under $50 (for each tire but usually not all sensor go at the same time) Just get the sensor on an online auction and go to your local tire shop. They will install it for about $15. To reset it is easy just follow the owners manual.

Wonderful,sleek looking, reliable car
By Laur09 on 06/29/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a car with all of the 'bells and whistles', look no further. This car is comfortable, stylish, provides a smooth excellent ride, and has a really good fuel economy. It is really a well made and low maintenance vehicle. We bought ours 2 years ago, and have just under 20K miles on it. The only problem we have had was this past winter with the Onstar feature freezing up, but other than that no problems.

Nice Car
By ooscgt on 06/23/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Overall nice car. I have 28kMi and no problems other than the typical tire pressure monitor sensor. I lowered the car 1 inch with Eibach springs because I did not like the body roll and the noise dive experienced with the original springs. Ride quality suffers a little with the new springs but overall worth it for me as it makes the car look much better and it did help reduce the body-roll and noise dive dramatically.

Love my Impala - Great Gas Mileage
By mindy on 06/17/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Was not expecting this comfortable car to get such great gas mileage...I drive a lot for work, family visits, etc., and I average 27 mpg. Most of my friends bragging about their "great" gas mileage on their much smaller cars are not getting anywhere close to that!

THOUSANDS less than a Camry
By The dude on 05/28/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having looked at hundreds of reviews and test driven at least a dozen different used sedans,I settled on the Impala. Why? Power. The Impala LT has 211 horsepower, the equivalent Camry only 155. The difference on the road is not slight. Nor is the price. The 2007 Camry I was looking at was going for 19,000, The Impala for 14. It was no contest. I tried a Honda Accord and the seats nearly destroyed my back just in a test drive. Way too hard as was the price. The Impala is a light, very quick sedan with bucketloads of power. The transmission wants to clunk out of first gear unless you hit the gas. This is a car that WANTS to be driven quick. A light, excellent handling, powerful sedan.

loveit
By biglew on 05/18/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Don't know why anyone would want more car except for luxury. Not as comfortable as my Town Cars...more fun and economical, however.

Not too bad, not too great
By Jimmy on 04/16/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I like the car overall. My car is fire engine red, but not gaudy looking. It's very classy, comfortable and I get lots of compliments. As I read the reviews, I noticed several others with the same problems I've had. Drivers door leaks in the rain (very minor), door moldings have peeled up twice, and the tire sensors had to be replaced. Overall, it has been a good car, but there are just a few fairly simple design features that could use some improvements. It is a pretty classy car though!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.