2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Good Car for the Money
By CarCrazy on 12/23/09 13:37 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought our used 2007 Impala LT w/ the 3.9L (Active Fuel Management system)engine at the end of September 2009. So far we've put on 4K in 2 1/2 months of mixed driving and averaged 23 MPG (which is not bad for such a large car). The Bose sound system is great, as are the large controls and placement of the controls. My only gripe would be the soft touring suspension (I was used to driving a VW Jetta before) and the seats could be more supportive (could also use Memory seating). Otherwise, this a great car for the money and features.

Good car
By James on 12/16/09 14:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My LTZ now has 59K on it (purchased used 2 years ago with 24K). It's a good car with minor issues, especially if you compare the price point to similar makes/models. I have full confidence in the reliability of my Impala. The problems I have had so far are merely minor annoyances: TPMS, wind-noise, alignment issues.

What's GM done for you?
By Mike on 12/14/09 20:18 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In my 60K miles with this 3LT in 34 mos, I've had problems with 2 pressure sensors, still not replaced, pass side molding peeling off, too long on the ends, and when the RR door is opened w/o first opening RF, end caught aod peeled it back, first time warranty, 2nd on me. Repl rear tires at 30K, rear alignment was so bad. Repl other 2 at 45K. Repl PS hose about 53K. Car now has a vibration and a crunchy/creaking sound in the steering column. Haven't had time to get it in yet, but the tire guy suggested a bearing check. Rear def quit working. After reprogramming the remote many times, it quits every time I walk out of range. Other than that, what a ride......

Nothing has changed
By JHB on 12/14/09 06:47 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 00 with 3.5 liter 240,000 miles on it. Father has 07 with 3.9 liter. These Impalas may have changed body design and engines but still have the same problems. The VERY common probs with these cars are Transmission failure Intake gasket manifold failure (most common) Intermediate steering shaft failure Cars with pass lock have problems consistently. Headlight switches have failures fairly often. Water pump will start leaking between 36k and 55k. Radiators will split at the side tanks around 125k Brake rotors tend to warp prematurely. Tire pressure monitoring system is horribly troublesome. New designs, new engines, same ole problems

Roomy and Fuel Efficient
By Buckeye_Traveller on 10/30/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Impala for 3 years. I really like the large interior and trunk, with folding back seats that allow lots of cargo. We have been averaging 33 mpg on the freeway, using cruise control. We average about 25 city driving. I also really like the dash computer that tells mileage and tire pressure (PSI) on each tire. The only problems that I have had with the car are interior seating. The headrest has come apart on the driver side twice. The rear seats were replaced under warranty due to seams coming apart. The Goodyear tires that it came with wore out around 36,000 miles. Other than that, I really like this car and recommend it.

Terrible company car
By Traveler on 10/27/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 3 Impalas as company cars in the past 6 years and have had multiple problems with each one. The steering locked up and left me stranded twice with my '03. My 05 and 07 have both been in the shop multiple times for various reasons. The trim on the driver side door has peeled of on both. All of these problems happened with 50,000 miles or less. One of my biggest complaints is the heater. My last 2 Impalas would not blow hot air when the car was idling. I can't believe all of them are like this but after having 2 new ones that both operate this way I wonder. For a free car I can't complain, but I would NEVER buy one of these for myself.

nice car,could be better
By Bob Spin on 10/19/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had no problems so far with the vehicle at almost 35000 miles,comfortable heated front seats, large blind spots to rear, mirrors could be much larger as in former Pontiac Grand Prixs previously owned, much road noise, when sun roof is opened impossible to hear or talk above 30mph, noisy tires

Chevy forgot what a SS is!
By Sier256 on 10/12/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Powerful engine but 305hp keeps it below competitors, FWD kills the fun, 16mpg, interior quality is really bad my radio or my exhaust makes rattles inside the car really annoying and embarrassing. Single exhaust with dual tips very deceiving You can't even modify it to a true exhaust. Due to the side mounted manifold mount and the single pipes dug in to underbody. The fun went out fast never buying a chevy SS ever they ruined impala SS. The only good thing it's the comfort ride and size. If u looking for a performance sedan look at legacy gt or charger rt better or same mpg better speed and size and a hole lot better quality by far and most of all fun to drive!

Good not Great
By HondaFan on 10/11/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A very acceptable form of transportation. I went from a Malibu to the Impala; missing the outside temp gauge, rear folding seats in the Impala LS vs the Malibu LS. No telescoping steering. MPG is good for the size of the vehicle. Handling is terrific in straight line :-). Overall a decent car for the price. Check the NHTSA website for recalls and technical service bulletins this car is riddled with them, most are minor but worth considering if you are going to buy one. This is a company supplied car for me so I don't get much say in brand choice. Honda and Toyota have nothing to fear however.

bad for america
By Not again on 10/06/09 04:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have now own my 2007 ss impala with the following problems: two transmissions (both were bad from the shop), bad brakes, battery needs a mechanic to replace and tire monitoring system is not reliable. No wonder Americans buy foreign. No more GM cars for me.