2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Horrible Car - Shame on you GM
By Stephanie on 04/23/10 05:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Chevy Impala with 30,000 miles on it I thought I had a great car. Turns out it is NOT a good car. Several things going wrong now and I am at 60,000 miles. My outside trim is falling off, have to add oil before 3000 miles with no explanation, my traction control comes on in warm, dry weather and causes the car to slow down with warning lights saying "reduced engine power" and now the check engine light is on constantly. So far leaving the traction control off is working so I can at least drive it. The radio is junk, the heater only works while driving, not while idling so warming the car up is not an option. Thats great news in MI. I am done with GM vehicles and I WAS a fan.

My great Impala
By Alan on 04/21/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2007. Have had many new cars in my life: imports and Detroit iron. This one is the best. Replaced tires a couple months ago; that's it for repairs. Have had zero problems with the car. This is the first time I've ever had a new car without a warranty repair, and I'm picky! No rattles -- everything works. Car is comfortable and gets a genuine 30 mpg highway and has given us 27 mpg overall since purchase. I bought an Impala because I ran them in my fleet at work and was impressed by their reliability and low cost to operate.

Front End- steering
By Shannon on 04/16/10 23:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have 31,000 miles on my Impala. The car was starting to be very rough, even over the smallest bumps. I also noticed driving on the highway that if I got distracted even a small bit the car was heading into the other lane, it started to wonder. It was also impossible to steer in parking lots at a low speed. I took it into the dealership and they had to replace the rack and pinion and the power steering pump, all under warranty. The car rides perfect again. My only concern is this something I will have to do every 30,000 miles. I don't drive my car under any adverse conditions so I hope for the best.

97 Impala LT w3.9L V-6
By RJC on 04/03/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

At around 75,000 miles the 3.9L engine went from not using any oil and 29MPG gas usage on highway to using very excessive oil ie: 1 quart every 150 miles and fuel efficiency dropped to 23 MPG. Nothing could be found wrong with the engine, no exterior leakage, runs perfect, but oil disappears. GM finally admitted they had a problem, but would not pay for the fix for this engine.

3 Yrs Old & Broke Down Again...
By Chris on 03/23/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Impala was purchased new, with extended warranty. In 2009, the heat and blower went completely out on me. I had to take it to the dealer several times to get it fixed right. Now, I am battling a check engine light and "reduced engine power" as the car tells you, making the max speed 25 mph. After two full days of servicing at the dealer, it experienced the same issue again just 3 days later. I have been without transportation for 12 days & counting..... Just not the kind of reliability I would expect for a 3 yr old car with only 55,000 miles!! Service repairs typically require a 3 day lead-time to schedule in my experience...major inconvenience! Hard time getting service rental too!

My favorite car we've ever owned!
By dr86 on 03/08/10 06:42 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our vehicle about a year old. We were very excited after a very awful ford focus problem. We were told it was our dealers sons car. It was luxury and fast sporty kind of car all in one. Best of all we have 3 small children and it fit all the car seats in the back seat! We loved the way it drove. Very smooth ride reminds us of a buick bonneville. Very peppy and seems as fast as our '04 Mustang GT but its not. Over all we enjoyed this car and never would have gotten rid of it until we found out the dealer lied and underneath the vehicle in the crumple spots had been crumpled. It had basically been in a wreck and totaled. However, it still ran great with these issues.

problems
By davegrnd on 02/15/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 66500 miles on this vehicle, and I have had some problems. The first was that the wipers quit working, which they found was due to a blown fuse, and they don't know why. The second problem was defective coolant crossover gaskets,both of these were covered by the warranty. My latest incident was last week when I stopped at my local insurance agent's office,and when I came out, I could NOT shift my vehicle out of park, I had to have it towed to the dealership to have it repaired( broken wire in counsel). The repair was over $200.00, and not covered by the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. The vehicle also has had dash rattles since I purchased it.

many,many problems
By bill norton on 02/11/10 11:12 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Couldn't put gas in tank. Rear defogger quit. Remote start quit working, dealer says $800 or more to fix because check engine light is out. Had to replace front and rear pads and rotors at 40,300 miles. Just replaced muffler at 53,000 miles. Had clonk noise in steering and rear end fixed. With Windows down they rattle when you shut the door. I called gm on the remote start problem and this lady was very short and said gm could not help with any problems! Why would I buy another gm product if I'm going to have these kind of problems and no help from gm!

Wipers
By NJ Driver on 01/26/10 07:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle now has 42,000 miles and having problems with the wipers turning off. Car can be completely off, locked and the wipers keep going. Checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Great car - a few suggestions
By Tom Rogers on 12/26/09 14:26 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our Impala. It's 3.9L V6 has great acceleration. We like the fold down back seats and teh large trunk. The Onstar, XM radio, and on- bard phone are all great but too expensive. Initial tires were poor lasting only 60,000kms 37,500miles. No engine problems. In -40 weather there is no heat when idling. Had problem with stick shift stuck in park. Small window behind rear driver side door has molding fall off. Very low bumper on front somtimes catches on curbs and scratches the bumper.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.