Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen,
but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

It still has its new car smell! I like having buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio or cruise control or what not, it makes for safer driving. I enjoy that the seat moves vertically (I'm not a very tall person). Many people say they get bad mileage at 20 mpg or so, but I get 27, and am surprised and pleased by it all the time.

The Anti-Lock brakes go on with the tiniest trace of snow, which I know isn't necessarily bad, but it scares the crap out of me when I can't brake properly in seemingly fine weather conditions. Also, the front speakers seem to switch from left to right randomly, can be quite the scare to have music playing louder than it was a moment ago. The headlights flicker incessantly, but dealership mechanics don't believe me since they're not driving the car around at night.

Will never own another GM Product
By harborgirl

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Impala new August 2007 with less than 100 miles, after only owning it for 2 years the engine light came on, we phoned the dealer and they told us not to worry about it until it began to flash, and soon after the message board was reading "reduced engine power" and by the end of the weekend it left us stranded. When they finely figured out what was wrong they told us a rodent had set up residence in the wire harness in which the very expensive extended warrenty didn't cover, We fixed it and in less than a year later we are facing the same thing once again, since the GM mechanics have no idea what else to call it they are blaming the rodents. SHAME ON YOU GM! NEVER AGAIN!

NONE

Know how to fix the vehicals you make

P Poor car
By davidnc1

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 4k miles in 2008. Rear tires gone at 11000 miles. Had no heat at idle. Dealer replaced 1st set of head gaskets at 14000. Got 2nd set at 46000. Ran hot at 55000 miles on the interstate. Intake gasket leaking. Transmission has a hesitation when cold. Then bangs into gear and sometimes chirps the tires. Transmission slips after extended idle. 2 dealerships can't find problem. Many minor problems with interior and exterior. I was a GM technician for many years and have always had a Chevy in the driveway. This is the last one. Impalas are NOT American made. Made in Canada.

Gas mileage 30mpg on the highway. Interior room

Quality,quality,quality. Stand behind the product. GM should take quality and engineering lessons from Toyota.

Really put out with Chevy and my Impala
By bigfig59

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Chevy Impala seems to be 'hesitating' to take off when i stop at a stop sign or back out of the drive way or take off from anywhere. I push on the gas then the car lunges and sometimes even hard enough to squeal the tires.
I have reported this to my local GM dealer and had them hook it up to the 'computer' but it supposedly showed nothing.
They kept it overnight and tried driving it in the morning but said it did not do it for them...??
So they cleaned something to do with the fueil filter system and then the car seemed to idle really high; i could literally idel down the street without ever pressing on
the gas at a pretty good clip. NOW....in the last few day (3 times) my car

Make them to where they will run and operate like they should and will LAST the consumer. A car shouldnt blow a head gasket at 46k or have steering problems or transmisison problems and be told by the dealer 'oh its nothing.......we couldnt find any 'codes' .......to heck with your stupid codes........FIX MY DANG CAR!

Ms Cora's Big Red and Funky Impala
By mscorab

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2yrs and, 50k miles I took my car in because in the middle of winter I had no heat and my tranny started to slip. The heat problem was fixed. To this day I'm still having problem with my transmission. I bought this car new off the showcase floor. The manual says their should be no problem before 150k miles. Over and over again I have bought Chevy cars, brand new and used, but this is the last one. They were not willing to check my tranny, without charging for flush, (about $175), if thats what it needs.
My car is still under warranty! I have spent thousands of dollars with them. NO MORE! I am surprised, sad, and mad.

Trunk space is nice, big and roomy, that was the main reason I bought it. When the car is running, its smooth. I love the red color. I always get compliments on it.

Be more willing to give to the customers. Stand by your busines. My deaalers logo is "You Always Get Your Way at Ouris..... What happened to that? We are the ones that keep you in business!