Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

So many problems
By jakez

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 07 it now has 96,000 miles. I have had my key get stuck in the ignition, the car has been stuck in park, my traction controll kept coming on while driving (very dangerous), i have vent acturators that makes i clicking noise for about 3min when you start the car or turn it off or change the setting on the AC. The heater only warms up while moving, my tires ware down about every 20 to 30k miles no mater what type you buy. I currently have a oil leak and transmition leak and now it is real hard to break. I have taken in to break check and they said the pads & fuel are fine. My battery has died 3 times so far. I have had it serviced at 50k & just now.

Favorite Features

The car has very nice looks inside in out.

Death Trap
By buddyboy59

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow,if you live in a cold weather climate,ice and snow you would swear this car has 4 bald tires,suspension problems,GM has a TSB for this car in the Police version,no difference in components from my car,at 19k tires are shot worn on inside edges,alignment was so far out car was undrivable,after 4 tires and new alignment,sem,i driveable,needs $700 in new suspension parts,GM says pay pay pay,this company should have gone out of business,still putting junk on the road,if you like amusement park thrill rides this wreck is for youif you buy one get AAA to haul you out of the ditch,intermediate steering shaft replaced at 16k,rotors warped and cut at 16K

Favorite Features

The air freshener hanging from the mirror

Suggested Improvements

Go out of business!!!! stop putting a death trap like this on the road.

Peice of JUNK!!! Rip OFF!!!
By Peice of JUNK!!!

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The heater does not work when you are at idle speed. The shifter jammed up for no reason. Screw came out of driver and passenger seat that holds molding to seat, customer support is aweful. Windshield wipers went awry for no reason. Wiper fluid bottle is too small. Hydroplanes when you hit a puddle of water...the front bumper is too low to the ground causes the hydroplane effect as if you are hitting a small hill. Very very dangerous when driving at 35 plus miles an hour. Gas cap is faulty causes the engine light to come on. Engine light malfunctions the remote starter!!

Favorite Features

Sun roof

Suggested Improvements

recall this lemon immediately!!

Wow.
By Reinarzman

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 6 months ago with 91,000 miles on it. I am going to college in Chicago and reside in Michigan. I drive home all the time and have racked up 14,000 in the past three months. This car has been amazing. Clean carfax. nothing has ever been serviced besides new tires and oil changes. I cannot believe the power out of the basic V6 and the fuel economy for a full-sized four door car. I am overly happy with everything GM has done with this. If you maintain this car and dont be stupid with it, this car will last you for a lifetime.

Favorite Features

Comfort, power, fuel economy, great looking inside and out, lots of miles and no problems, great basic stereo system, soft fabric. Everything in general

Suggested Improvements

Very small mirrors, no power dim rear view mirror, cheap fabric on the seats, no cup holders or arm rest in the back seat, can't flip the back seat down, tighten the suspension, better basic stereo package, make a stronger or higher front bumper, visor is extremely hard to pull out.

Great Car
By MeLove

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2007 brand new. I had only one minor electrical issue that was repaired quickly under warranty (Service bulletin). I replaced the cabin air filter at 45,000 mi. and new tires at 48,000 mi. other than oil and filter changes and one alignment I've not had any problems in 72,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Good power and braking. Styling and paint quality are excellent. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Controls on dash need to be a bit more convenient and interior material could be of higher quality.