2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Really put out with Chevy and my Impala
By bigfig59 on 08/28/11 22:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Chevy Impala seems to be 'hesitating' to take off when i stop at a stop sign or back out of the drive way or take off from anywhere. I push on the gas then the car lunges and sometimes even hard enough to squeal the tires. I have reported this to my local GM dealer and had them hook it up to the 'computer' but it supposedly showed nothing. They kept it overnight and tried driving it in the morning but said it did not do it for them...?? So they cleaned something to do with the fueil filter system and then the car seemed to idle really high; i could literally idel down the street without ever pressing on the gas at a pretty good clip. NOW....in the last few day (3 times) my car

Ms Cora's Big Red and Funky Impala
By mscorab on 07/23/11 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2yrs and, 50k miles I took my car in because in the middle of winter I had no heat and my tranny started to slip. The heat problem was fixed. To this day I'm still having problem with my transmission. I bought this car new off the showcase floor. The manual says their should be no problem before 150k miles. Over and over again I have bought Chevy cars, brand new and used, but this is the last one. They were not willing to check my tranny, without charging for flush, (about $175), if thats what it needs. My car is still under warranty! I have spent thousands of dollars with them. NO MORE! I am surprised, sad, and mad.

Awesome car!
By always_driving on 05/24/11 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2007 LS since new, I use this as my business vehicle and have over 218,000 miles and I have had very few issues. Brakes have been replaced twice, a few headlight bulbs have been replaced and two belts as preventative maint. I love this car and i am currently getting ready to purchase a 2011.

Transmission issues on 2007 Impala SS
By ronnies on 03/31/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned anything outside of Chevrolet for over 30 years. Although I am 56, I still enjoy the performance aspects of a vehicle, but love the room of a sedan. I thought the 2007 Impala SS would be perfect. Although I loved the car when operating correctly, it left me dissapointed more than it should. The first issue was getting locked in park (this happened twice) because of a wire breaking in the console. Secondly, the steering shaft had to be replaced because of a "clunk" when stopping and starting. The straw that broke the camels back for me with this car, was an issue I had with the trasmission. You could take off, and it felt like a manual with the clutch slipping.

So many problems
By jakez on 02/24/11 10:44 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 07 it now has 96,000 miles. I have had my key get stuck in the ignition, the car has been stuck in park, my traction controll kept coming on while driving (very dangerous), i have vent acturators that makes i clicking noise for about 3min when you start the car or turn it off or change the setting on the AC. The heater only warms up while moving, my tires ware down about every 20 to 30k miles no mater what type you buy. I currently have a oil leak and transmition leak and now it is real hard to break. I have taken in to break check and they said the pads & fuel are fine. My battery has died 3 times so far. I have had it serviced at 50k & just now.

Death Trap
By buddyboy59 on 02/14/11 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow,if you live in a cold weather climate,ice and snow you would swear this car has 4 bald tires,suspension problems,GM has a TSB for this car in the Police version,no difference in components from my car,at 19k tires are shot worn on inside edges,alignment was so far out car was undrivable,after 4 tires and new alignment,sem,i driveable,needs $700 in new suspension parts,GM says pay pay pay,this company should have gone out of business,still putting junk on the road,if you like amusement park thrill rides this wreck is for youif you buy one get AAA to haul you out of the ditch,intermediate steering shaft replaced at 16k,rotors warped and cut at 16K

Peice of JUNK!!! Rip OFF!!!
By Peice of JUNK!!! on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The heater does not work when you are at idle speed. The shifter jammed up for no reason. Screw came out of driver and passenger seat that holds molding to seat, customer support is aweful. Windshield wipers went awry for no reason. Wiper fluid bottle is too small. Hydroplanes when you hit a puddle of water...the front bumper is too low to the ground causes the hydroplane effect as if you are hitting a small hill. Very very dangerous when driving at 35 plus miles an hour. Gas cap is faulty causes the engine light to come on. Engine light malfunctions the remote starter!!

Wow.
By Reinarzman on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 6 months ago with 91,000 miles on it. I am going to college in Chicago and reside in Michigan. I drive home all the time and have racked up 14,000 in the past three months. This car has been amazing. Clean carfax. nothing has ever been serviced besides new tires and oil changes. I cannot believe the power out of the basic V6 and the fuel economy for a full-sized four door car. I am overly happy with everything GM has done with this. If you maintain this car and dont be stupid with it, this car will last you for a lifetime.

Great Car
By MeLove on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2007 brand new. I had only one minor electrical issue that was repaired quickly under warranty (Service bulletin). I replaced the cabin air filter at 45,000 mi. and new tires at 48,000 mi. other than oil and filter changes and one alignment I've not had any problems in 72,000 miles.

2007 Impala LS
By Bob on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car in 2010 with 32,000 miles on it. GM Certified, in great shape. I was worried about the rear tire camber issue that is all over the net. This car has the original Goodyear Integrity tires on it. With 32,000 miles on them, they are only about half worn. So, I can conclude that not every 2007 Impala had that issue. Perhaps it's only on the 3.9L models, as those were the ones that were used for Police vehicles. Very pleased with the car. Mine is black and looks like a very masculine sedan. Being a truck guy, it's one of the very few sedans that I actually enjoy the looks. Handles very well, is quick, and very comfortable to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.