Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy GMC

Favorite Features

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012 I contacted you guys (customer support) because I didnít feel I should pay anything. So I don't know why you people (customer support) are pretending like you've actually done me a favor when all you've done is said we agree with the dealership offer. I'm grateful that the dealership was willing to work with me, but you guys were a total waste of time and energy and basically what it boils down to is that you (GMC) need to improve the quality of your products, and when you find out that you have a defective product in the market, take full responsibility for that product, warranty or not. Apparently you guys (GMC) didnít learn anything from

Suggested Improvements

the position that you were in approximately four years ago. If you continue to distribute this poorly designed, faulty, unreliable and defective product and neglect the obligation of taking responsibility for what you provide us (the consumer) with you will surely find yourself in the this position very, very shortly. So continue on the path that you are on and I wish you all the best but you won't have to worry about me. Or for that matter anyone around me either. A wise man learns from the mistake of others but sometimes he has to learn from his own and it is sometime painful, but in hindsight its quite enlightening. Sincerely, A Former GM customer

2007 Impala LTZ
By bdunmire

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for over a year now. Just before my full year was up I had to replace my stainless exhaust do to my mufflers rotting out on top. When I did that I noticed that my back tires where worn on the inside. I had tires replaced and was told my rear camber was out and could not be adjusted. I found out that GM fixed Impalas that had this problem only with the police package, under recall, so i order the part kit as there no difference between the those parts on my car and a police car. Now that I have those problems fixed I have no other issues. I do love this car itís fun to drive, comfortable, and looks good. However I will not buy another GM vehicle after this one.

Suggested Improvements

I wish GM would own up to their mistakes!

2007 Impala LTZ
By ericjp

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for three years and have 107,000 miles. Just paid $1000 to have trasmission valve body replaced, whatever that is. Bottom line, do not buy an Impala. I know it is tempting because they are cheap and look decent. The LTZ has all the bells and whistles. The 3.9l v6 has good performance and gas mileage. The problem is build quality. The transmissions are prown to have all kinds of problems. I have never had this many problems with any car. GM uses cheap parts. Head gaskets were replaced and the list goes on and on. Avoid Chevrolet products. You get what you pay for. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai instead.

Favorite Features

Power sunroof Remote start Bose stereo 3.9l acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is not reliable. Should be a 6 speed. Bumpers chip and flake away. Build quality is terrible. Typical auto union-made junk.

So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen, but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

Favorite Features

It still has its new car smell! I like having buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio or cruise control or what not, it makes for safer driving. I enjoy that the seat moves vertically (I'm not a very tall person). Many people say they get bad mileage at 20 mpg or so, but I get 27, and am surprised and pleased by it all the time.

Suggested Improvements

The Anti-Lock brakes go on with the tiniest trace of snow, which I know isn't necessarily bad, but it scares the crap out of me when I can't brake properly in seemingly fine weather conditions. Also, the front speakers seem to switch from left to right randomly, can be quite the scare to have music playing louder than it was a moment ago. The headlights flicker incessantly, but dealership mechanics don't believe me since they're not driving the car around at night.

Will never own another GM Product
By harborgirl

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Impala new August 2007 with less than 100 miles, after only owning it for 2 years the engine light came on, we phoned the dealer and they told us not to worry about it until it began to flash, and soon after the message board was reading "reduced engine power" and by the end of the weekend it left us stranded. When they finely figured out what was wrong they told us a rodent had set up residence in the wire harness in which the very expensive extended warrenty didn't cover, We fixed it and in less than a year later we are facing the same thing once again, since the GM mechanics have no idea what else to call it they are blaming the rodents. SHAME ON YOU GM! NEVER AGAIN!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Know how to fix the vehicals you make