Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Dissapointment
By lorraine

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 Impala for my 2007. Loved my 2004 so I figured how could I go wrong? Well, I was wrong. Very disappointed in my 2007. Seats (leather) are terribly uncomfortable, radio reception stinks, gas mileage not what I expected. My '04 with a 3.8 V6 got better gas mileage than this 3.5 V6 does. Terrible. Down to 22 mpg. If I need to pick up speed quickly it hesitates before it decides to go anywhere. Not enough storage space for CD's, etc. Wish I'd kept my '04.

Favorite Features

Interior room, large trunk, sharp looking car, rides fairly smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Needs larger side mirrors, less blind spots, can't see around head rests when I turn my head, better cup holders, improved sun visors, High beam headlight switch is clumsy, shall I go on?

No problems
By Greg LeValley

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned several Chevys in the last 30 years and the 07 Impala is the best. We average 27 mpg and on the highway if we run around 65 mph can easily get 30 mpg. There have been zero quality problems and I believe that this car is the most "bang for the buck". I have been telling family, friends and strangers about this car. Wish I was selling them. Car sells itself.

Good car for the money
By JEB

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a company car and I've put 45k on it in 15 months. Had problems with tires and they don't seem to keep in balance. Lot's of car for the money and the gas mileage is excellent for the size of car. Six cylinder is peppy and relatively smooth. Went from a Lexus to this car, but not too bad for the cost of the car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, size, comfortable ride, great value

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise, small mirrors

Good Value car
By American Made

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new 11/06,16,000 miles now. Running well, battery died 07/07, replaced under warranty. Fuel mileage about the same as '98 Lumina LTZ at 20 mpg mixed driving. The 3.9L engine has plenty of go. Wish that the interior had more space with smaller driver middle console and more rear foot room. Power seats really reduce the rear foot room. Have had several chips in the windshield, very odd. Re-circulation of cabin air now runs compressor hot or cold (same as air conditioner or defroster running) takes away fuel efficiency. Active fuel management is a joke. Hate traction control, but at least can turn off. Air filter location tight. Wind noise not good, door hanging quality poor

Favorite Features

Tire pressure monitor system, compass/temp, easy access & low maintenance engine, stereo Aux input, folding rear seats, power train, heated seats, removable interior rubber tray liners, fuel economy calc, rear windows go low, steering wheel controls, price tag far less than comparable imports

Suggested Improvements

Goodyear Triple-Tread Assurance tires A+ over factory, more interior leg room front and rear, smaller trunk, compressor overide, better fuel economy (higher gear ratio), larger side mirrors, more personal programming for XM radio, quieter cabin, better insulation, bright headlight control clumsy

Mark of excellence is back
By FRANK R

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great American cruiser, not small but not too big, fit and finish is perfect. Purchased used with 14,000 miles ex rental car and still no rattles leaks. Prefer the previous body style however the quality of this car is impressive.

Favorite Features

Quality! Great 28 mpg mixed driving!

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive.