Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

I got a bad one!
By ejgalindo

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car last summer and have had several problems ever since. The tires and its sensors have been going bad since day one. Had all sensors and tires replaced. At 16K miles, the AC compressor went out and busted the drive belt. Transmission leaks in the upper seal and gasket, which I took care of in my mechanic shop. Suspension was replaced on the left side due to a minor accident, but it's still not the same. I'm really disappointed with this vehicle. I've wasted a lot of time getting this car in and out of the shop. Both my parents have new Chevys and that's all we've owned. I guess I just got the bad one in the bunch.

Favorite Features

Auxillary jack for my ipod. Comfortable seats, large steering wheel, fuel economy is great. Love the interior design and enough room for four adults. Large trunk space and quiet ride. OnStar is great!

Suggested Improvements

Better tires and tire pressure monitoring system! Vibration in pedals. Cupholders in the back. Spoiler in the LS model would be nice.

They got it right.
By mickey727

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rides and handles like a Cadillac for tens of thousands less. The 3.5 vvt gives me 24 in the city and 32 on the road with gasoline. 3600 lbs and excellent mileage. The body styling is what attracted me to this American marvel.

Favorite Features

Flip and fold rear seat turns this car into a truck. It carried a desk, chair and bookcase in one trip. Furniture salesman couldn't believe it woulfd fit into the vehicle. Wanted 75 to deliver. Not with an Impala!

Suggested Improvements

Replace the aluminum 16 in wheels with something fancier, like I did. American racing wheels 16x7 casino style look awesome on my car.

Average car
By GSA

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was attracted to this car by the advertised fuel economy (32 highway), the exterior looks, and roomy trunk. I am very dissappointed in the fuel economy & performance. In reality it averages about 26-27 MPG on the highway. Also I find that the car is not very responsive & often I am flooring it to get enough pickup to pass on the highway. And worst of all, I am thinking of replacing it soon and it has lost mot of it's value. In fairness to the car, it has been very reliable and I feel it is built solid but it is not very fun to drive and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone who is looking for something more sporty.

Favorite Features

Large trunk, exterior looks, XM radio

Suggested Improvements

More acceleration, better fuel economy

Impala 3.9 LT is a great car!
By jc0860

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is comfortable, elegant interior, and the performance is excellent. My last three cars were Acura TL's (02 Type S, 04 and 05). I loved them but have had my eye on an Impala for awhile and decided to give it a try. I think this car compares equally well in just about every category. I miss the bluetooth of the TL, but the ride is much more comfortable. Not quite as sporty as the TL, but still fun to drive and the 3.9 engine performance is outstanding. MPG has be great. Average over 30 on the hwy and low 20's in town. Excellent for the size of the car. The car is an absolute pleasure and has restored my faith in GM.

Favorite Features

Love the interior (heated leather and the trim), the performance of the 3.9 as well as the MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth capability.

Impala Great Buy
By Kevin

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I believe the Impala is the best buy in its class for the buck. This vehicle has great performance and fuel mileage. I average 20-21mpg in town with the 3.9 engine. I do not do a lot of highway driving, but a friend of mine has a 2008 Impala and he says he gets anywhere from 31-34 mpg on the highway with non ethanol gas. So far I have had no problems with this car. I believe the styling is great and have read there is one more year of this style before a body change.If you are looking for a full size car I blieve you cannot go wrong with the Chevrolet Impala.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, perfomance, & fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

All I can say is GM keep up the good work, I know you will improve on this great car.