2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Can be better
By chevy on 03/17/07 15:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I got the car in Jan 2007. My wife loved it. A good family car. Had 2 problems, the trunk would not shut, I got that fixed, and both brake lights stop working. But now its fine, kids love it. My wife had a Grand Prix, she loves the impala much more. Now I'm happy and my wife and kids are happy. Overall it's a good car

Is this it for Chevy?
By RCS on 03/16/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The driving experience is great when the car functions properly. Ownership of vehicle is embarrasing, because I am often on the side of the road while passerbys yell slanderous remarks because my '07 SS Impala is in the middle of the road dead. It is in the dealership as I write this. It has had two hard failures.The mileage on the car is 787 miles.

OK so far
By Marty on 02/27/07 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have the base model with no options. The standard list of equipnment is impresive, far more than Toyota Camry and for a lot less money. This car is worth a look if you are in the market for a large sedan.

Good value
By Chris H on 02/18/07 16:13 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The LS is the value here. I think you will be dissapointed if you spend more the upper trim levels; hey, it's a Chevy not a Mercedes. I found it to have better handling and braking than Ford 500. Handling is even better once I replaced the stock(cheap quality) tires with the Pirellis that the police package Impala uses. Would not have purchased if it didn't have 100k warranty. Not all cars on the lot are flex fuel so pay attention. Also, watch out if buying used: used rental car fleets tend to not have ABS or head airbags. Had a bad radiator cap that took two visits to diagnose. Other than that, flawless. I have 11k miles on it after 5 months of ownership.

Fun Sedan
By Gossett on 02/18/07 14:07 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive. Lots of power and handles great. Gas mileage less than advertized but who cares? The interior is pleasing and confortable. The Bose system is great.

Impala 2007
By Toledo on 02/18/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving is smooth. Nice dashboard controls and space design up front. Remote starter sometimes shuts off too early. Back seat is not for tall people, but what back seat is these days. Trunk has plenty of room for a nice long trips. Exterior design is streamlined and modern. Enough power for the average driver. I like what I ride so far!

Unhappy
By Chuck on 02/14/07 08:02 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Vibration and noise thru-out car plus tire pressure monitor system gives false reading. GM has worked for a year and still has no fix for the Vib/noise problem. I was not aware of the problems plus the dealership did not disclose the problems prior to me accepting/paying for the car.

Impala SS
By Garsarno on 02/12/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you drive it, you will buy it! The SS version is a great all around car. I still have not enjoyed the Bose music system because I cannot get enough of the exhaust sound. Has 800 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. The interior is very functional, back seat bottom folds up to reveal a storage area that can take a beating versus the leather. Trunk is very large and the ride, while some say it is not firm enough, is almost perfect. The tire replacement cost is going to be high (18") but the car's performance and workability is a big plus. I recommend a test drive of the SS version. Once you do, you will not consider the lesser versions.

Value Packed Performance
By Aaron on 02/10/07 05:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is exceptionally well designed and built for the money. Biggest praise goes to the performance as the car will actually break the drive tire loose when cruising at over 30 mph if the accelerator is pressed hard. The active fuel management is a great innovation and definitely improves fuel economy when the car is not driven hard. For anyone out there who is dissapointed in this system just lay off the accelerator a bit and it will perform its intended function quite well. I've driven this car for just over 2,000 miles now and the ride and handling are superb, steering feel and response is best of any vehicle I've ever owned, brakes are balanced with great stopping power and pedal feel.

USA Pride
By Frank ODonnell on 02/07/07 21:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car, looks good, runs great, nice design and 100 K warranty, what else could a customer ask for? Strong points: Exterior design. Interior design. 3.5 engine Quiet ride. Weak points: Auto light switch. Cup holders. Wife loves OnStar !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.