2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
This car has a lot going for it
By JasonC on 04/15/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My SS has all the options. I've only owned this car for a month and have about 1000 miles on it. So far, I'm very pleased with it. Car appears very well put together, best of any GM product I've had experience with. I haven't experienced any rattles or squeaks. It's hard to argue with the performance of this car. Suspension is a nice compromise between ride comfort and reasonable handling. A good driving car. I'm averaging about 23mpg in mixed driving, but 30mpg looks doable on the highway. The fairly loose torque converter hurts the mpg in stop-and-go situations, and I'm not sure exactly why they made that choice. Minor point, though, IMO. Seats are a bit flat, radio is ridiculous.

Great and Nice Car
By HALLS on 04/15/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It is very roomy. We sat in the back of a Ponatic GT Prix and it was way squished. We sat in the back of our Impala and it feels very roomy. We bought it because we wanted a roomy car because we have a baby we have to stick in the back and it fits great and there is still room. I love driving it. It has the get up and go very fast.

Import squasher
By JRV on 04/13/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a fabulous car. All it took was one test drive and it was sold. The power is tremendous, yet it is comfortable and rides very smooth, even with 18 inch wheels. It's nice to see an American car company finally stick it to those imports. There is no way anyone would even think about buying a Camry or Accord after driving this. Faster, more solid, and a little less money. It's great!

Excellent Value
By Paul on 04/07/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Because of previous build quality problems, American cars like these have fallen from grace. One drive in an Impala should hopefully redeem car buyers from the ongoing Japanese brainwashing and wallet draining. This car is extremely well built, very comfortable and fun to drive. It will rival any Camry or Accord at a much more reasonable price.

Best For Price
By bob on 03/31/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We rented this car on vacation! 3 days, 800 miles, we fell in love with all the options ,heated seats, XM radio, OnStar, dual air, great ride, smooth and quiet, great seats, I think Chevy. is on the way back with this car! I want to thank edmunds for all the information i found on this car and pricing to have an idea on what to expect, dealing with car salemen! We got a great price and good trade in value plus the rebate! Thank you, for helping make buying a new car feel good.

Happy Impala owners!
By Cjbrooklyn3411 on 03/29/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, a few members in our family have the Toyota Camry and have been trying to get us also purchase one. However, for almost the same price if not cheaper, the Imapala was the better chose for us. Roomier inside then the Camry and bigger trunk space. Love the feature for the air conditioning. I can set mine seperate from the drivers setting. Also enjoy the features for viewing your tire pressure, odometer and how many miles left before the next gas pruchase. All around this car is superior over any of the Nissan, Toyotas, Kia etc.

Good Car, But Needs Refinement
By Summerwinds on 03/27/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this Impala 3LT for about a month. Overall, the quality and performance is quite satisfactory. I am impressed with the quietness of the interior and the power of the 3.9 V6. The vehicle is smooth and stable on the highway. However, I do have some suggestions for improvements. The floor mounted shifted needs a gear indicator. The front bucket seats need more lateral support/bolstering. The dashboard section containing the gauges is bland...where are the ammeter and oil pressure gauges like the Mercury Gran Marquis has? Is a tachometer really necessary in this car? The DIC should be separate from the speedometer. Why is there no key- operated lock on the glovebox?

'07 Impala Surpisingly Satisfying
By Carl on 03/23/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As expressed by others, all my friends told me Accord, Camry or Maxima were the way to go. I found them to be no better than the Impala at higher purchase and insuracne costs. I have only 600 miles on mine, and haven't found one thing that was disappointing.

My 2007 Impala
By Steven Trybulec on 03/21/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice design inside and out. Fit and finish excellent. Handles well, good pick-up, fair gas mileage. I am very impressed with this vehicle. A big improvement over my 2003 Malibu. My opinion on par with the Japanese.

Wowee
By leedeane on 03/20/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Chevrolet Impala SS is without a doubt one of the best cars,and most fun to drive that I have ever owned. My fuel mpg ranges from 25-27 mpg, and the power I have to get out of a bad situation when driving is incredible. The fit and finish is on or above par of any of the imports that I considered. The comfort of the heated seats and the peace of mind of OnStar makes it a joy to drive. Plus the fold flat back seat is nice on trips to the hardware store etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.