Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Impala SS: Update to my 01/21/08 Review
By Morgan Hayden

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought I would update my 01/21/08 review to help fellow readers; my ratings have been adjusted a little bit. Since Jan '08 I have added a complete Magnaflow exhaust system, K&N intake, and had the car extensively dynotuned. I realize these are steps most owners will not take to fully explore the SS's capabilities, but if you do-- wow! Highway MPG is up slightly, 0-60 times are down to the low 5's, HP is now around 335. Friends and clients often ask to drive the car; they love the room, the power, and how tight the car feels. My SS is Silverstone Metallic & garners many "That's so classy!" comments. The only downside is that I've had the steering shaft replaced under warranty.

Without a doubt, "The Sleeper Factor". I found the ride to be a bit harsh with the OEM 18" wheel/tire combo, so I switched to a 17" LTZ wheel/tire combo which I found on eBay. I also added the chrome trim strip across the trunk. If you like humbling BMW or Infiniti drivers, this is your car.

The TapShift (manumatic) feature from the SS's sister car, the V8 Pontiac GXP, should absolutely be on the SS as well! A front strut tower brace (which helps tighten up the chassis) should be standard. Finally, IMHO the SS should be offered with a rear wing delete option (too "boy racer" for me)

Excellent Car!
By Mike in Texas

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My wife is in sales and needed a larger car to drive clients around and to carry lots of product samples. So we got the 2LT with leather, sunroof, blue tooth connectivity, dual climate zones etc. This revised Impala is nice looking and very comfortable to ride in. The 3.9l engine has good power and still gets 24.5mpg on Dallas freeways. In city traffic, it gets about 21MPG.

The engine displacement system works flawlessly. In fact you can't feel any difference when it turns half the engine off/on to save gas. Remote start, exterior lighting, comfortable ride.

The transmission shifter is down on the center console, but the gear indicator is up on the instument panel. Seemed odd at first but makes sense after you get use to it. Needs chrome exhaust tips for the dual exhaust.

Excellent American Built Car
By Dale

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent build car by Chevrolet. I love to drive this car. Very comfortable and quiet. Excellent gas mileage for large car

Rear cup holders. Rear fold down seat. More rear seat leg room. Very little for such a large car

Great Car for the Money
By Tony

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a great value. 300 Hp and styling that will not get the attention of local law enforcement. I have been very pleased with this vehicle. It is true that the car has torque steer, but I have found that you get used to it very quickly. When I was looking for a vehicle I needed 5 things, under 20k, front wheel drive, auto, 4 doors and 300+ hp. There is no other vehicle that can match thoese requirements.

Power. Radio and seats. Huge trunk, I put a 10 foot 2x4 in there last week and still had 12 inches to spare between the end of the board and the dash.

Bluetooth.

Wheel Alignment & Steering Shaft
By CB

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rear wheels not adjustable for alignment. Had tire dealer put adjustments on aftermarket. GM would not support this action after-the- fact. Heard of police car recall in effect for a similar problem but GM would not standby or admit to failure of virtually same problem on my vehicle.They did not allow under Chevy extended warranty. Required new intermediate steering shaft at 57,000 miles. Drivers door leaks during rain.

Radio (XM) is good. Gas mileage is good. Paint job is good. Ergonomics are excellent.

Replace cup holder with a unit that is "positive" and does not allow drink to fall over. This is also a legal liability.