2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By marnet on 02/27/14 00:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Good: Split bench seat with column shift lever, comfortable suspension, generally good driver visibility, huge trunk. The Bad: Large blind spots at C pillars. The Ugly: 1) Tire pressure monitor / key fob / antenna took 3 tries to fix under recall in first few months. 2) Problem in steering column fixed under recall in first year. 3) Power steering pump failed at 30,000 4) Water pump failed at 35,000 5) Part of wiring harness burned up at 45,000 6) Now at 50,000 fuel pump noisy, a/c/heater blower not working properly, motor mounts broken, and transmission slipping. All these major problems despite adhering to the "severe use" maintenance schedule.

Death Trap
By buddyboy59 on 02/14/11 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow,if you live in a cold weather climate,ice and snow you would swear this car has 4 bald tires,suspension problems,GM has a TSB for this car in the Police version,no difference in components from my car,at 19k tires are shot worn on inside edges,alignment was so far out car was undrivable,after 4 tires and new alignment,sem,i driveable,needs $700 in new suspension parts,GM says pay pay pay,this company should have gone out of business,still putting junk on the road,if you like amusement park thrill rides this wreck is for youif you buy one get AAA to haul you out of the ditch,intermediate steering shaft replaced at 16k,rotors warped and cut at 16K

Peice of JUNK!!! Rip OFF!!!
By Peice of JUNK!!! on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The heater does not work when you are at idle speed. The shifter jammed up for no reason. Screw came out of driver and passenger seat that holds molding to seat, customer support is aweful. Windshield wipers went awry for no reason. Wiper fluid bottle is too small. Hydroplanes when you hit a puddle of water...the front bumper is too low to the ground causes the hydroplane effect as if you are hitting a small hill. Very very dangerous when driving at 35 plus miles an hour. Gas cap is faulty causes the engine light to come on. Engine light malfunctions the remote starter!!

Air Conditioner Compressor burned out
By RB on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2007 Impala with less than 12,000 miles. Right after the 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty expired the AC Compressor burns out. This is a $1400 repair. Why would something this major break down within 3 years of owning the vehicle? I called Chevrolet customer care for advice and hopefully cost assistance since this is obviously a manufacturer defect but they were UNWILLING to consider the problem might be because of the poor quality of their vehicle. Bottom line: I would not recommend this vehicle or any Chevrolet because of their poor quality and pathetic customer service.

Good car for the price
By Gohia on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Impala with 32,000 miles on it have had to replace the tires which is normal with any car with currently now in Oct. of 2010 78,000 miles on it. Runs pretty smooth I am about to get the brakes replaced so that will be the first costly maintenance. Other than that no real complaints.

stuck in park
By liz williams on 08/15/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It angers me that other people are having the stuck in park problem. They know there is a problem going on. I also have a bad rotor, need new tires, I bought this with 20,000 on it, have driven it for 7000 miles, it's dead in the church parking lot, won't shift. Thought with only 20,000 miles on it it would be like new.

GM Needs Quality Control
By rippontiac on 07/16/10 01:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix that was fun sporty and fast. However its radiator cracked at about 200,000. I figured I should get a Chevy because i figured it would be a nice car. I was wrong I should have bought another Pontiac or Ford. I'm replacing tires every 19,000 miles approximately because the car came with a weird toe angle on the rear tires, the suspension and steering are too loose. On the suggested improvements i ran out of characters

Left in despair
By Clayton Hawk on 04/25/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second time within 90 days I have experienced problems with the console or gear safety switch locking up and not able to change into any gear. How inconvenent is this. I say it has been very upsetting. This has left me and my family stranded and needing the car towed and billed to my insurance.

My great Impala
By Alan on 04/21/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2007. Have had many new cars in my life: imports and Detroit iron. This one is the best. Replaced tires a couple months ago; that's it for repairs. Have had zero problems with the car. This is the first time I've ever had a new car without a warranty repair, and I'm picky! No rattles -- everything works. Car is comfortable and gets a genuine 30 mpg highway and has given us 27 mpg overall since purchase. I bought an Impala because I ran them in my fleet at work and was impressed by their reliability and low cost to operate.

3 Yrs Old & Broke Down Again...
By Chris on 03/23/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Impala was purchased new, with extended warranty. In 2009, the heat and blower went completely out on me. I had to take it to the dealer several times to get it fixed right. Now, I am battling a check engine light and "reduced engine power" as the car tells you, making the max speed 25 mph. After two full days of servicing at the dealer, it experienced the same issue again just 3 days later. I have been without transportation for 12 days & counting..... Just not the kind of reliability I would expect for a 3 yr old car with only 55,000 miles!! Service repairs typically require a 3 day lead-time to schedule in my experience...major inconvenience! Hard time getting service rental too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.