Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

My bad experience
By celestial

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We paid 17,000 for this car at only 2 yrs old. It had great performance at first, the lost all it's gusto. We were going through tires in the back like crazy and found out later there was a recall. We got into a head on car accident at 70km/hr and NOT 1 airbag went off. We had curtain and front airbags and nothing. Thankfully we walked away. The car was totaled. The other car had all airbags deployed. Contacted chev, got the run around. After research found out some of these cars were sold without air bags. We wanted it investigated but our car was mysteriously crushed 3 days after the accident. Prior to the accident, the whole exhaust system needed replacing, the electrical was going $.

Favorite Features

The inside was nice but the seats were very uncomfortable on long trips. trunk size was big. Not much else to say about it that was good.

Suggested Improvements

Needs tons of improvements. The car I had was not the base model. It's very loose in the back end in winter, even with good tires. Chev should make sure all the cars have air bags or issue a recall. If you have one, check for the recall of the back tires and save yourself some money on wearing tires. Despite regular on time maintenance the car was falling apart from the inside out by 125,000 km. Nice big price tag for junk. I know it's rated high but I would never buy another one!

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy GMC

Favorite Features

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012 I contacted you guys (customer support) because I didnít feel I should pay anything. So I don't know why you people (customer support) are pretending like you've actually done me a favor when all you've done is said we agree with the dealership offer. I'm grateful that the dealership was willing to work with me, but you guys were a total waste of time and energy and basically what it boils down to is that you (GMC) need to improve the quality of your products, and when you find out that you have a defective product in the market, take full responsibility for that product, warranty or not. Apparently you guys (GMC) didnít learn anything from

Suggested Improvements

the position that you were in approximately four years ago. If you continue to distribute this poorly designed, faulty, unreliable and defective product and neglect the obligation of taking responsibility for what you provide us (the consumer) with you will surely find yourself in the this position very, very shortly. So continue on the path that you are on and I wish you all the best but you won't have to worry about me. Or for that matter anyone around me either. A wise man learns from the mistake of others but sometimes he has to learn from his own and it is sometime painful, but in hindsight its quite enlightening. Sincerely, A Former GM customer

Will never own another GM Product
By harborgirl

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Impala new August 2007 with less than 100 miles, after only owning it for 2 years the engine light came on, we phoned the dealer and they told us not to worry about it until it began to flash, and soon after the message board was reading "reduced engine power" and by the end of the weekend it left us stranded. When they finely figured out what was wrong they told us a rodent had set up residence in the wire harness in which the very expensive extended warrenty didn't cover, We fixed it and in less than a year later we are facing the same thing once again, since the GM mechanics have no idea what else to call it they are blaming the rodents. SHAME ON YOU GM! NEVER AGAIN!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Know how to fix the vehicals you make

P Poor car
By davidnc1

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 4k miles in 2008. Rear tires gone at 11000 miles. Had no heat at idle. Dealer replaced 1st set of head gaskets at 14000. Got 2nd set at 46000. Ran hot at 55000 miles on the interstate. Intake gasket leaking. Transmission has a hesitation when cold. Then bangs into gear and sometimes chirps the tires. Transmission slips after extended idle. 2 dealerships can't find problem. Many minor problems with interior and exterior. I was a GM technician for many years and have always had a Chevy in the driveway. This is the last one. Impalas are NOT American made. Made in Canada.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage 30mpg on the highway. Interior room

Suggested Improvements

Quality,quality,quality. Stand behind the product. GM should take quality and engineering lessons from Toyota.

Ms Cora's Big Red and Funky Impala
By mscorab

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2yrs and, 50k miles I took my car in because in the middle of winter I had no heat and my tranny started to slip. The heat problem was fixed. To this day I'm still having problem with my transmission. I bought this car new off the showcase floor. The manual says their should be no problem before 150k miles. Over and over again I have bought Chevy cars, brand new and used, but this is the last one. They were not willing to check my tranny, without charging for flush, (about $175), if thats what it needs. My car is still under warranty! I have spent thousands of dollars with them. NO MORE! I am surprised, sad, and mad.

Favorite Features

Trunk space is nice, big and roomy, that was the main reason I bought it. When the car is running, its smooth. I love the red color. I always get compliments on it.

Suggested Improvements

Be more willing to give to the customers. Stand by your busines. My deaalers logo is "You Always Get Your Way at Ouris..... What happened to that? We are the ones that keep you in business!