Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

The SS impala is a great car
By Craig

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala SS for a alittle under a year now and I love it. I've had to put some work into it since then though, I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it was in great condition. Whoever owned it before me took great care of this car. However the repairs i had to make were very costly, i had to replace the alternator, the battery and get a full brake job. Not sure if its something I did to it or if it was just long over due. This car will sometimes turn heads but not that much since I live in the DC area and everyone drives a benz, BMW, infiniti, and some of the other luxury brands. I'm not a fan of the front wheel drive and the interior is lackluster but those are things that are manageable. I love the big factory brand wheels and I can never keep the sunroof closed. The leather seats are comfy and the SS decals are nicely placed throughout the car. The trunk is huge and there is plenty of space in the interior. Dual pipes look nice on the car and overall adds to the performance I think. Its a nice size car and really fun to drive.

Lots of issues!
By Keith

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission sucks! Oil consumption! Horrible handling in rain and snow! Lots of vibration and road noise! Clunking in front end! Eats brakes! Very disappointed with this vehicle!

Love my 2007 impala
By impala

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 impala last year in 2014 with 99,000 now im at 150,000 gotta say it's great still shifting smooth engine runs great the LT model in which I have will not last long with aggressive driving. Drives nicely change your fluids frequently and this car will run for a long time!

From focus to impala
By Maranda

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Has some issues with ac/heater some with airbag sensors but WOW i am in love with this Impala! Such a wise choice from a 03 ford focus to a 07 impala ls flex fuel.

My midlife crisis car that became my nightmare
By Richard Prell

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After returning from a deployment to Afganistan I decided I wanted something with a little get up and go. I had always had Buicks which I have nothing bad to say about any of them. I have always serviced my cars regularly and my Impala SS was no exception. I was trouble free for the first year of ownership and then it all unraveled. First the transmission let loose. While doing the transmission I asked them to replace the leaking oil pan gasket and rear main seal. When they took off the gasket they found pieces that are part of the timing chain area in the pan. The car did not jump time but the motor had to be removed and a new chain installed because the other one was loose. 5000 dollars later I have my car back. It is not that I dislike Chevy it is the fact that i was told by numerous mechanics that the pieces around the timing chain were a mistake from the factory. Americans work very hard for there money and I find it inexcuseable that someone in the factory assembled this wrong and it got by how many quaility control people?

• SUV