2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Me likey the Impala SS
By impalasswally on 11/15/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like my Impala SS! Not incredibly sexy from certain angles, and the interior style is hideous, but for the $$, an incredible buy. V-8 power, better gas milage than my wifes V-6 Traverse (thanks to 4-cyl shut-off ... which you never notice). 0 to 60 sub 5.7 sec ... the new $40K Impala with the same HP is going to be Plus 7 sec. It stickered for $31K loaded, got it for 25K between 3K off from dealer, and 3K from GM card earnings. I am out of warranty almost a year now - almost 6 years old. I will admit, mostly local driving (I live close to work) and only 31K miles, but bullet proof. Starts every day, just changed oil. Both front hubs have been changed recently - only repair in 6 years.

Transmission issues on 2007 Impala SS
By ronnies on 03/31/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned anything outside of Chevrolet for over 30 years. Although I am 56, I still enjoy the performance aspects of a vehicle, but love the room of a sedan. I thought the 2007 Impala SS would be perfect. Although I loved the car when operating correctly, it left me dissapointed more than it should. The first issue was getting locked in park (this happened twice) because of a wire breaking in the console. Secondly, the steering shaft had to be replaced because of a "clunk" when stopping and starting. The straw that broke the camels back for me with this car, was an issue I had with the trasmission. You could take off, and it felt like a manual with the clutch slipping.

My favorite car we've ever owned!
By dr86 on 03/08/10 06:42 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our vehicle about a year old. We were very excited after a very awful ford focus problem. We were told it was our dealers sons car. It was luxury and fast sporty kind of car all in one. Best of all we have 3 small children and it fit all the car seats in the back seat! We loved the way it drove. Very smooth ride reminds us of a buick bonneville. Very peppy and seems as fast as our '04 Mustang GT but its not. Over all we enjoyed this car and never would have gotten rid of it until we found out the dealer lied and underneath the vehicle in the crumple spots had been crumpled. It had basically been in a wreck and totaled. However, it still ran great with these issues.

Chevy forgot what a SS is!
By Sier256 on 10/12/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Powerful engine but 305hp keeps it below competitors, FWD kills the fun, 16mpg, interior quality is really bad my radio or my exhaust makes rattles inside the car really annoying and embarrassing. Single exhaust with dual tips very deceiving You can't even modify it to a true exhaust. Due to the side mounted manifold mount and the single pipes dug in to underbody. The fun went out fast never buying a chevy SS ever they ruined impala SS. The only good thing it's the comfort ride and size. If u looking for a performance sedan look at legacy gt or charger rt better or same mpg better speed and size and a hole lot better quality by far and most of all fun to drive!

bad for america
By Not again on 10/06/09 04:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have now own my 2007 ss impala with the following problems: two transmissions (both were bad from the shop), bad brakes, battery needs a mechanic to replace and tire monitoring system is not reliable. No wonder Americans buy foreign. No more GM cars for me.

Solid Performer
By RRS on 08/23/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was the third Chevy I bought in succession. The prior two were a 1998 Monte Carlo and a 2003 Impala LE. I chose the SS for the added torque and performance that are missing in the V6 Impala models. The car handles well and the performance is there when needed. Gas economy is fair. I have had no mechanical issues with this car. I have all regularly scheduled maintenance done either at the dealers or at the local Jiffy Lube. I tore the fiberglass front running it up on some snow in a parking lot last winter. I am sure that this will be an issue at lease end. I was surprised at the amount of damage for such minor impact. The front design of the car is unforgiving for minor impact

I Love it & Hate it!
By B.Y. on 01/10/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love my 07 Impala SS. I'm debating if I should get rid of it or should I play with it by adding a high performance exhaust, performance chip, cold air intake, the works! But this car constantly is in the shop for transmission problems. Something with the torque converter. The same problem every time. Okay, I drove the heck out of her when I first bought it. The car has become unreliable. Oh well. I'll just drive my 86 Cutlass Supreme. That car never breaks down.

Disappointed
By Gilligan on 12/30/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very disappointed, bad paint quality and interior pieces, especially the drivers seat, continue to fall apart. Now just lost both by transmission and torque converter at 74000 miles. Guess that is why GM only stands behind their transmissions for 36000 miles. It is a very fun car to drive, no questions, and I routinely get 26-28 MPG on highway. Tire air pressure monitors are useless and I also have a short in the car no one can find and I keep having dead batteries. They cost around $200 if you buy them and install them yourself and you can plan on adding another $50 to have it installed.

Impala SS: Update to my 01/21/08 Review
By Morgan Hayden on 12/08/08 10:05 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought I would update my 01/21/08 review to help fellow readers; my ratings have been adjusted a little bit. Since Jan '08 I have added a complete Magnaflow exhaust system, K&N intake, and had the car extensively dynotuned. I realize these are steps most owners will not take to fully explore the SS's capabilities, but if you do-- wow! Highway MPG is up slightly, 0-60 times are down to the low 5's, HP is now around 335. Friends and clients often ask to drive the car; they love the room, the power, and how tight the car feels. My SS is Silverstone Metallic & garners many "That's so classy!" comments. The only downside is that I've had the steering shaft replaced under warranty.

Great Car for the Money
By Tony on 10/01/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a great value. 300 Hp and styling that will not get the attention of local law enforcement. I have been very pleased with this vehicle. It is true that the car has torque steer, but I have found that you get used to it very quickly. When I was looking for a vehicle I needed 5 things, under 20k, front wheel drive, auto, 4 doors and 300+ hp. There is no other vehicle that can match thoese requirements.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.