2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
DO NOT BUY
By jasonm78 on 11/29/13 15:28 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but problems out of this car. Bought it when it has 45k miles and already had to replace Water Pump Transmission Numerous Sensors Muffler AC hoses Power Steering Unit I never will buy another GM car, have to get this car repaired every other week and I can't trade because I have so much negative equity.

2007 Impala LTZ
By bdunmire on 06/29/12 09:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for over a year now. Just before my full year was up I had to replace my stainless exhaust do to my mufflers rotting out on top. When I did that I noticed that my back tires where worn on the inside. I had tires replaced and was told my rear camber was out and could not be adjusted. I found out that GM fixed Impalas that had this problem only with the police package, under recall, so i order the part kit as there no difference between the those parts on my car and a police car. Now that I have those problems fixed I have no other issues. I do love this car itÂ’s fun to drive, comfortable, and looks good. However I will not buy another GM vehicle after this one.

2007 Impala LTZ
By ericjp on 06/23/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for three years and have 107,000 miles. Just paid $1000 to have trasmission valve body replaced, whatever that is. Bottom line, do not buy an Impala. I know it is tempting because they are cheap and look decent. The LTZ has all the bells and whistles. The 3.9l v6 has good performance and gas mileage. The problem is build quality. The transmissions are prown to have all kinds of problems. I have never had this many problems with any car. GM uses cheap parts. Head gaskets were replaced and the list goes on and on. Avoid Chevrolet products. You get what you pay for. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai instead.

So many problems
By jakez on 02/24/11 10:44 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 07 it now has 96,000 miles. I have had my key get stuck in the ignition, the car has been stuck in park, my traction controll kept coming on while driving (very dangerous), i have vent acturators that makes i clicking noise for about 3min when you start the car or turn it off or change the setting on the AC. The heater only warms up while moving, my tires ware down about every 20 to 30k miles no mater what type you buy. I currently have a oil leak and transmition leak and now it is real hard to break. I have taken in to break check and they said the pads & fuel are fine. My battery has died 3 times so far. I have had it serviced at 50k & just now.

Buy American
By Mark on 06/27/10 23:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This American sedan is great for anything I need a car to do. It has great room, good MPG, safe, nice style and design. The best thing about my American made Chevrolet is that it did not put an American out of work when I bought it! I had a 2003 BMW 540i until the car market went south. That is when I bought American and will again. If you live in Michigan you should think about buying a great American made Chevrolet Impala LTZ or SS.

problems
By davegrnd on 02/15/10 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 66500 miles on this vehicle, and I have had some problems. The first was that the wipers quit working, which they found was due to a blown fuse, and they don't know why. The second problem was defective coolant crossover gaskets,both of these were covered by the warranty. My latest incident was last week when I stopped at my local insurance agent's office,and when I came out, I could NOT shift my vehicle out of park, I had to have it towed to the dealership to have it repaired( broken wire in counsel). The repair was over $200.00, and not covered by the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. The vehicle also has had dash rattles since I purchased it.

Great car - a few suggestions
By Tom Rogers on 12/26/09 14:26 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our Impala. It's 3.9L V6 has great acceleration. We like the fold down back seats and teh large trunk. The Onstar, XM radio, and on- bard phone are all great but too expensive. Initial tires were poor lasting only 60,000kms 37,500miles. No engine problems. In -40 weather there is no heat when idling. Had problem with stick shift stuck in park. Small window behind rear driver side door has molding fall off. Very low bumper on front somtimes catches on curbs and scratches the bumper.

Good car
By James on 12/16/09 14:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My LTZ now has 59K on it (purchased used 2 years ago with 24K). It's a good car with minor issues, especially if you compare the price point to similar makes/models. I have full confidence in the reliability of my Impala. The problems I have had so far are merely minor annoyances: TPMS, wind-noise, alignment issues.

nice car,could be better
By Bob Spin on 10/19/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had no problems so far with the vehicle at almost 35000 miles,comfortable heated front seats, large blind spots to rear, mirrors could be much larger as in former Pontiac Grand Prixs previously owned, much road noise, when sun roof is opened impossible to hear or talk above 30mph, noisy tires

2007 Impala LTZ
By Jeff Newman on 02/17/09 13:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used. Already have had new tires, alignment, brakes, steering shaft, battery, and now the alternator is squealing, just past the warranty expiration date. The rear end bushings squeak, and the seat heaters refuse to work when you sit down in them.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.