Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

DO NOT BUY
By jasonm78

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but problems out of this car. Bought it when it has 45k miles and already had to replace Water Pump Transmission Numerous Sensors Muffler AC hoses Power Steering Unit I never will buy another GM car, have to get this car repaired every other week and I can't trade because I have so much negative equity.

2007 Impala LTZ
By bdunmire

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for over a year now. Just before my full year was up I had to replace my stainless exhaust do to my mufflers rotting out on top. When I did that I noticed that my back tires where worn on the inside. I had tires replaced and was told my rear camber was out and could not be adjusted. I found out that GM fixed Impalas that had this problem only with the police package, under recall, so i order the part kit as there no difference between the those parts on my car and a police car. Now that I have those problems fixed I have no other issues. I do love this car itís fun to drive, comfortable, and looks good. However I will not buy another GM vehicle after this one.

I wish GM would own up to their mistakes!

2007 Impala LTZ
By ericjp

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for three years and have 107,000 miles. Just paid $1000 to have trasmission valve body replaced, whatever that is. Bottom line, do not buy an Impala. I know it is tempting because they are cheap and look decent. The LTZ has all the bells and whistles. The 3.9l v6 has good performance and gas mileage. The problem is build quality. The transmissions are prown to have all kinds of problems. I have never had this many problems with any car. GM uses cheap parts. Head gaskets were replaced and the list goes on and on. Avoid Chevrolet products. You get what you pay for. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai instead.

Power sunroof Remote start Bose stereo 3.9l acceleration

Transmission is not reliable. Should be a 6 speed. Bumpers chip and flake away. Build quality is terrible. Typical auto union-made junk.

So many problems
By jakez

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 07 it now has 96,000 miles. I have had my key get stuck in the ignition, the car has been stuck in park, my traction controll kept coming on while driving (very dangerous), i have vent acturators that makes i clicking noise for about 3min when you start the car or turn it off or change the setting on the AC. The heater only warms up while moving, my tires ware down about every 20 to 30k miles no mater what type you buy. I currently have a oil leak and transmition leak and now it is real hard to break. I have taken in to break check and they said the pads & fuel are fine. My battery has died 3 times so far. I have had it serviced at 50k & just now.

The car has very nice looks inside in out.

Buy American
By Mark

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This American sedan is great for anything I need a car to do. It has great room, good MPG, safe, nice style and design. The best thing about my American made Chevrolet is that it did not put an American out of work when I bought it! I had a 2003 BMW 540i until the car market went south. That is when I bought American and will again. If you live in Michigan you should think about buying a great American made Chevrolet Impala LTZ or SS.

Room, MPG and style

Memory seating and digital climate control