Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen, but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

It still has its new car smell! I like having buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio or cruise control or what not, it makes for safer driving. I enjoy that the seat moves vertically (I'm not a very tall person). Many people say they get bad mileage at 20 mpg or so, but I get 27, and am surprised and pleased by it all the time.

The Anti-Lock brakes go on with the tiniest trace of snow, which I know isn't necessarily bad, but it scares the crap out of me when I can't brake properly in seemingly fine weather conditions. Also, the front speakers seem to switch from left to right randomly, can be quite the scare to have music playing louder than it was a moment ago. The headlights flicker incessantly, but dealership mechanics don't believe me since they're not driving the car around at night.

Really put out with Chevy and my Impala
By bigfig59

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Chevy Impala seems to be 'hesitating' to take off when i stop at a stop sign or back out of the drive way or take off from anywhere. I push on the gas then the car lunges and sometimes even hard enough to squeal the tires. I have reported this to my local GM dealer and had them hook it up to the 'computer' but it supposedly showed nothing. They kept it overnight and tried driving it in the morning but said it did not do it for them...?? So they cleaned something to do with the fueil filter system and then the car seemed to idle really high; i could literally idel down the street without ever pressing on the gas at a pretty good clip. NOW....in the last few day (3 times) my car

Make them to where they will run and operate like they should and will LAST the consumer. A car shouldnt blow a head gasket at 46k or have steering problems or transmisison problems and be told by the dealer 'oh its nothing.......we couldnt find any 'codes' .......to heck with your stupid codes........FIX MY DANG CAR!

Great Car
By MeLove

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2007 brand new. I had only one minor electrical issue that was repaired quickly under warranty (Service bulletin). I replaced the cabin air filter at 45,000 mi. and new tires at 48,000 mi. other than oil and filter changes and one alignment I've not had any problems in 72,000 miles.

Good power and braking. Styling and paint quality are excellent. Smooth ride.

Controls on dash need to be a bit more convenient and interior material could be of higher quality.

Not a Bad Ride
By Indiana Owner

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Impala for about 1 1/2 years. About 2 months ago I noticed the car sounded louder. Well turns out there is a major flaw in the muffler a lot of police vehicles have had the same issue. For the part alone it's $800+ dealer only part. You have to get the entire system not just the muffler. Needless to say I have been driving with a loud car since. Should be a recall but GM doesn't want to pay for it. Otherwise I like my Impala a lot- the size is good and the ride is nice.

Remote start, control buttons on steering and size

Exhaust system! A little bit more class, it seems very basic.

Front End- steering
By Shannon

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have 31,000 miles on my Impala. The car was starting to be very rough, even over the smallest bumps. I also noticed driving on the highway that if I got distracted even a small bit the car was heading into the other lane, it started to wonder. It was also impossible to steer in parking lots at a low speed. I took it into the dealership and they had to replace the rack and pinion and the power steering pump, all under warranty. The car rides perfect again. My only concern is this something I will have to do every 30,000 miles. I don't drive my car under any adverse conditions so I hope for the best.

the car is cheap and good gas mileage, but afraid I might pay for it in the long run because of build quality.

build a stronger and reliable car to build confidence in the consumer. My last GM vehicle, the steering gear went out about month so my confidence in GM is down to last straw. Been really looking a lot at Fords lately and I owned A GM vehicle since '91

• SUV