2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout on 05/27/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen, but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

Really put out with Chevy and my Impala
By bigfig59 on 08/28/11 22:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Chevy Impala seems to be 'hesitating' to take off when i stop at a stop sign or back out of the drive way or take off from anywhere. I push on the gas then the car lunges and sometimes even hard enough to squeal the tires. I have reported this to my local GM dealer and had them hook it up to the 'computer' but it supposedly showed nothing. They kept it overnight and tried driving it in the morning but said it did not do it for them...?? So they cleaned something to do with the fueil filter system and then the car seemed to idle really high; i could literally idel down the street without ever pressing on the gas at a pretty good clip. NOW....in the last few day (3 times) my car

Great Car
By MeLove on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2007 brand new. I had only one minor electrical issue that was repaired quickly under warranty (Service bulletin). I replaced the cabin air filter at 45,000 mi. and new tires at 48,000 mi. other than oil and filter changes and one alignment I've not had any problems in 72,000 miles.

Not a Bad Ride
By Indiana Owner on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Impala for about 1 1/2 years. About 2 months ago I noticed the car sounded louder. Well turns out there is a major flaw in the muffler a lot of police vehicles have had the same issue. For the part alone it's $800+ dealer only part. You have to get the entire system not just the muffler. Needless to say I have been driving with a loud car since. Should be a recall but GM doesn't want to pay for it. Otherwise I like my Impala a lot- the size is good and the ride is nice.

Front End- steering
By Shannon on 04/16/10 23:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have 31,000 miles on my Impala. The car was starting to be very rough, even over the smallest bumps. I also noticed driving on the highway that if I got distracted even a small bit the car was heading into the other lane, it started to wonder. It was also impossible to steer in parking lots at a low speed. I took it into the dealership and they had to replace the rack and pinion and the power steering pump, all under warranty. The car rides perfect again. My only concern is this something I will have to do every 30,000 miles. I don't drive my car under any adverse conditions so I hope for the best.

97 Impala LT w3.9L V-6
By RJC on 04/03/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

At around 75,000 miles the 3.9L engine went from not using any oil and 29MPG gas usage on highway to using very excessive oil ie: 1 quart every 150 miles and fuel efficiency dropped to 23 MPG. Nothing could be found wrong with the engine, no exterior leakage, runs perfect, but oil disappears. GM finally admitted they had a problem, but would not pay for the fix for this engine.

Good Car for the Money
By CarCrazy on 12/23/09 13:37 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought our used 2007 Impala LT w/ the 3.9L (Active Fuel Management system)engine at the end of September 2009. So far we've put on 4K in 2 1/2 months of mixed driving and averaged 23 MPG (which is not bad for such a large car). The Bose sound system is great, as are the large controls and placement of the controls. My only gripe would be the soft touring suspension (I was used to driving a VW Jetta before) and the seats could be more supportive (could also use Memory seating). Otherwise, this a great car for the money and features.

What's GM done for you?
By Mike on 12/14/09 20:18 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In my 60K miles with this 3LT in 34 mos, I've had problems with 2 pressure sensors, still not replaced, pass side molding peeling off, too long on the ends, and when the RR door is opened w/o first opening RF, end caught aod peeled it back, first time warranty, 2nd on me. Repl rear tires at 30K, rear alignment was so bad. Repl other 2 at 45K. Repl PS hose about 53K. Car now has a vibration and a crunchy/creaking sound in the steering column. Haven't had time to get it in yet, but the tire guy suggested a bearing check. Rear def quit working. After reprogramming the remote many times, it quits every time I walk out of range. Other than that, what a ride......

Nothing has changed
By JHB on 12/14/09 06:47 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 00 with 3.5 liter 240,000 miles on it. Father has 07 with 3.9 liter. These Impalas may have changed body design and engines but still have the same problems. The VERY common probs with these cars are Transmission failure Intake gasket manifold failure (most common) Intermediate steering shaft failure Cars with pass lock have problems consistently. Headlight switches have failures fairly often. Water pump will start leaking between 36k and 55k. Radiators will split at the side tanks around 125k Brake rotors tend to warp prematurely. Tire pressure monitoring system is horribly troublesome. New designs, new engines, same ole problems

Nice Car
By luisga on 07/04/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Powerful and great in gas. For those of you that are having problems with the tire pressure monitor system and your warranty expired it is easy to fix and all under $50 (for each tire but usually not all sensor go at the same time) Just get the sensor on an online auction and go to your local tire shop. They will install it for about $15. To reset it is easy just follow the owners manual.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.