2007 Chevrolet Impala LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Sort Reviews by

Best car I've ever owned
By max_webster

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Impala LT brand new in March 2007. Now it's February 2015 and well over 100,000 miles later. Had the steering recall issue dealt with when it was new, but that's the only thing it had to go back to the dealer for. I change the oil religiously, every 3,000 whether the "change oil" reminder comes on or not. Replaced the usual items that need periodic replacement on any car, like brake pads, tires, muffler. Changed the tranny fluid and anti-freeze and so on. Bottom line is that my Impala has given me many years of reliable, comfortable service, with no end in sight. (I kinda wish it would die because I love the new Impala). Beats a Korean or Japanese car any day!

Favorite Features

Massive trunk and the fold down rear seats. Comfortable and smooth on long journey's. Reliable

Suggested Improvements

The body style is dated, but they fixed that with the new model.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By marnet

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Good: Split bench seat with column shift lever, comfortable suspension, generally good driver visibility, huge trunk. The Bad: Large blind spots at C pillars. The Ugly: 1) Tire pressure monitor / key fob / antenna took 3 tries to fix under recall in first few months. 2) Problem in steering column fixed under recall in first year. 3) Power steering pump failed at 30,000 4) Water pump failed at 35,000 5) Part of wiring harness burned up at 45,000 6) Now at 50,000 fuel pump noisy, a/c/heater blower not working properly, motor mounts broken, and transmission slipping. All these major problems despite adhering to the "severe use" maintenance schedule.

Favorite Features

* Split bench seat * Shift lever on steering column * Radio controls in steering wheel * Easy to read instrument readouts * Mostly easy to use dashboard controls * Power seat * Good visibility out back window * Huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

Better engineering and production of critical components!!!

Death Trap
By buddyboy59

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow,if you live in a cold weather climate,ice and snow you would swear this car has 4 bald tires,suspension problems,GM has a TSB for this car in the Police version,no difference in components from my car,at 19k tires are shot worn on inside edges,alignment was so far out car was undrivable,after 4 tires and new alignment,sem,i driveable,needs $700 in new suspension parts,GM says pay pay pay,this company should have gone out of business,still putting junk on the road,if you like amusement park thrill rides this wreck is for youif you buy one get AAA to haul you out of the ditch,intermediate steering shaft replaced at 16k,rotors warped and cut at 16K

Favorite Features

The air freshener hanging from the mirror

Suggested Improvements

Go out of business!!!! stop putting a death trap like this on the road.

Peice of JUNK!!! Rip OFF!!!
By Peice of JUNK!!!

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The heater does not work when you are at idle speed. The shifter jammed up for no reason. Screw came out of driver and passenger seat that holds molding to seat, customer support is aweful. Windshield wipers went awry for no reason. Wiper fluid bottle is too small. Hydroplanes when you hit a puddle of water...the front bumper is too low to the ground causes the hydroplane effect as if you are hitting a small hill. Very very dangerous when driving at 35 plus miles an hour. Gas cap is faulty causes the engine light to come on. Engine light malfunctions the remote starter!!

Favorite Features

Sun roof

Suggested Improvements

recall this lemon immediately!!

Air Conditioner Compressor burned out
By RB

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2007 Impala with less than 12,000 miles. Right after the 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty expired the AC Compressor burns out. This is a $1400 repair. Why would something this major break down within 3 years of owning the vehicle? I called Chevrolet customer care for advice and hopefully cost assistance since this is obviously a manufacturer defect but they were UNWILLING to consider the problem might be because of the poor quality of their vehicle. Bottom line: I would not recommend this vehicle or any Chevrolet because of their poor quality and pathetic customer service.

Good car for the price
By Gohia

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Impala with 32,000 miles on it have had to replace the tires which is normal with any car with currently now in Oct. of 2010 78,000 miles on it. Runs pretty smooth I am about to get the brakes replaced so that will be the first costly maintenance. Other than that no real complaints.

Favorite Features

Real good snow driving, very few repairs to date, running strong at 78,000 miles currently.

Suggested Improvements

When parked on a slight incline it is really hard to shift from park to drive have to put a lot of strength into shifting. Also not a very fun car to drive could use a more edgy look and feel.

stuck in park
By liz williams

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It angers me that other people are having the stuck in park problem. They know there is a problem going on. I also have a bad rotor, need new tires, I bought this with 20,000 on it, have driven it for 7000 miles, it's dead in the church parking lot, won't shift. Thought with only 20,000 miles on it it would be like new.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the shifting lever, this is a known defect, a very big and costly inconvenience, I am going to try and unload this piece of junk.

GM Needs Quality Control
By rippontiac

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix that was fun sporty and fast. However its radiator cracked at about 200,000. I figured I should get a Chevy because i figured it would be a nice car. I was wrong I should have bought another Pontiac or Ford. I'm replacing tires every 19,000 miles approximately because the car came with a weird toe angle on the rear tires, the suspension and steering are too loose. On the suggested improvements i ran out of characters

Favorite Features

1. Keyless entrance 2. Keyless start 3. Looks nice 4. Fairly decent power for sedan (stronger than my Toyota Camry and Honda Accord I had but weaker than my grand prix 5. Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

1. Toe angle so tires do not need to be replaced constantly 2. Steering 3. Suspension 4. Magnesium wheels Rather than iron 5. Pillars are too fat 6. Mirrors are unbelievably small 7. Alignment issues 8. Hose to radiator started leaking at 26,000 miles 9. No rear cup holders 10. Center console is akward

Left in despair
By Clayton Hawk

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second time within 90 days I have experienced problems with the console or gear safety switch locking up and not able to change into any gear. How inconvenent is this. I say it has been very upsetting. This has left me and my family stranded and needing the car towed and billed to my insurance.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat and back have confort.

Suggested Improvements

Front Passengers seat is very unconfortable.

My great Impala
By Alan

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2007. Have had many new cars in my life: imports and Detroit iron. This one is the best. Replaced tires a couple months ago; that's it for repairs. Have had zero problems with the car. This is the first time I've ever had a new car without a warranty repair, and I'm picky! No rattles -- everything works. Car is comfortable and gets a genuine 30 mpg highway and has given us 27 mpg overall since purchase. I bought an Impala because I ran them in my fleet at work and was impressed by their reliability and low cost to operate.

Favorite Features

Love the XM radio, especially when we travel out west. The steering wheel audio controls work nice. OK, it's not as roomy as my 1967 Impala was, but I can still get me, my wife, daughter-in-law and two grandsons in the car and five sets of golf clubs in the trunk. That's in a 30 mpg car!

Suggested Improvements

I got the car with column mount shifter because the chrome ring around the floor shifter reflects the sun in your eyes. Cup holders are also more awkward with floor shifter. Could use better outside mirrors.