2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
My bad experience
By celestial on 10/21/13 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We paid 17,000 for this car at only 2 yrs old. It had great performance at first, the lost all it's gusto. We were going through tires in the back like crazy and found out later there was a recall. We got into a head on car accident at 70km/hr and NOT 1 airbag went off. We had curtain and front airbags and nothing. Thankfully we walked away. The car was totaled. The other car had all airbags deployed. Contacted chev, got the run around. After research found out some of these cars were sold without air bags. We wanted it investigated but our car was mysteriously crushed 3 days after the accident. Prior to the accident, the whole exhaust system needed replacing, the electrical was going $.

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007 on 11/07/12 05:58 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy GMC

Will never own another GM Product
By harborgirl on 04/25/12 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Impala new August 2007 with less than 100 miles, after only owning it for 2 years the engine light came on, we phoned the dealer and they told us not to worry about it until it began to flash, and soon after the message board was reading "reduced engine power" and by the end of the weekend it left us stranded. When they finely figured out what was wrong they told us a rodent had set up residence in the wire harness in which the very expensive extended warrenty didn't cover, We fixed it and in less than a year later we are facing the same thing once again, since the GM mechanics have no idea what else to call it they are blaming the rodents. SHAME ON YOU GM! NEVER AGAIN!

P Poor car
By davidnc1 on 11/16/11 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 4k miles in 2008. Rear tires gone at 11000 miles. Had no heat at idle. Dealer replaced 1st set of head gaskets at 14000. Got 2nd set at 46000. Ran hot at 55000 miles on the interstate. Intake gasket leaking. Transmission has a hesitation when cold. Then bangs into gear and sometimes chirps the tires. Transmission slips after extended idle. 2 dealerships can't find problem. Many minor problems with interior and exterior. I was a GM technician for many years and have always had a Chevy in the driveway. This is the last one. Impalas are NOT American made. Made in Canada.

Ms Cora's Big Red and Funky Impala
By mscorab on 07/23/11 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2yrs and, 50k miles I took my car in because in the middle of winter I had no heat and my tranny started to slip. The heat problem was fixed. To this day I'm still having problem with my transmission. I bought this car new off the showcase floor. The manual says their should be no problem before 150k miles. Over and over again I have bought Chevy cars, brand new and used, but this is the last one. They were not willing to check my tranny, without charging for flush, (about $175), if thats what it needs. My car is still under warranty! I have spent thousands of dollars with them. NO MORE! I am surprised, sad, and mad.

Awesome car!
By always_driving on 05/24/11 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2007 LS since new, I use this as my business vehicle and have over 218,000 miles and I have had very few issues. Brakes have been replaced twice, a few headlight bulbs have been replaced and two belts as preventative maint. I love this car and i am currently getting ready to purchase a 2011.

Wow.
By Reinarzman on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 6 months ago with 91,000 miles on it. I am going to college in Chicago and reside in Michigan. I drive home all the time and have racked up 14,000 in the past three months. This car has been amazing. Clean carfax. nothing has ever been serviced besides new tires and oil changes. I cannot believe the power out of the basic V6 and the fuel economy for a full-sized four door car. I am overly happy with everything GM has done with this. If you maintain this car and dont be stupid with it, this car will last you for a lifetime.

2007 Impala LS
By Bob on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car in 2010 with 32,000 miles on it. GM Certified, in great shape. I was worried about the rear tire camber issue that is all over the net. This car has the original Goodyear Integrity tires on it. With 32,000 miles on them, they are only about half worn. So, I can conclude that not every 2007 Impala had that issue. Perhaps it's only on the 3.9L models, as those were the ones that were used for Police vehicles. Very pleased with the car. Mine is black and looks like a very masculine sedan. Being a truck guy, it's one of the very few sedans that I actually enjoy the looks. Handles very well, is quick, and very comfortable to drive.

Engine Problems x3 in 6 months
By nomoregm on 05/12/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Impala with 53,000 miles 6mo ago. Forth time having it serviced and only at 63,000. PCM failed after 4 months which hydrolocked my engine. Hydrolock caused fuel injectors to go and a bent piston. Had my car back for 24 hours after 2nd fix of engine problems and engine light is back on. GM unwilling to help any further. This was my first GM product and my LAST.. Owned a 1999 Dodge for 160,000 miles and no where near the problems I have experienced in just 10,000 miles with my Impala.

One thing after another
By R. Maes on 05/03/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had a great car and decided to trade it in for my 2007 impala. The car was great at first. After only 2 years of owning the car the check engine light came on. The car will get stuck in park often, the little? Mark is always coming on. The dealership has checked it time and again and they say they just need to reset the buttons. There is apparently nothing wrong with the car. The newest is the check tire monitoring system. I guess the connection to it is bad and it is not covered under the warranty. They want $80 just to put a new wire in it. This is by far the most complicated piece of crap I have ever bought. I am also a big Chevy fan so this makes it worse!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.