Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

The SS impala is a great car
By Craig

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala SS for a alittle under a year now and I love it. I've had to put some work into it since then though, I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it was in great condition. Whoever owned it before me took great care of this car. However the repairs i had to make were very costly, i had to replace the alternator, the battery and get a full brake job. Not sure if its something I did to it or if it was just long over due. This car will sometimes turn heads but not that much since I live in the DC area and everyone drives a benz, BMW, infiniti, and some of the other luxury brands. I'm not a fan of the front wheel drive and the interior is lackluster but those are things that are manageable. I love the big factory brand wheels and I can never keep the sunroof closed. The leather seats are comfy and the SS decals are nicely placed throughout the car. The trunk is huge and there is plenty of space in the interior. Dual pipes look nice on the car and overall adds to the performance I think. Its a nice size car and really fun to drive.

Love my 2007 impala
By impala

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 impala last year in 2014 with 99,000 now im at 150,000 gotta say it's great still shifting smooth engine runs great the LT model in which I have will not last long with aggressive driving. Drives nicely change your fluids frequently and this car will run for a long time!

From focus to impala
By Maranda

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Has some issues with ac/heater some with airbag sensors but WOW i am in love with this Impala! Such a wise choice from a 03 ford focus to a 07 impala ls flex fuel.

My bad experience
By celestial

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We paid 17,000 for this car at only 2 yrs old. It had great performance at first, the lost all it's gusto. We were going through tires in the back like crazy and found out later there was a recall. We got into a head on car accident at 70km/hr and NOT 1 airbag went off. We had curtain and front airbags and nothing. Thankfully we walked away. The car was totaled. The other car had all airbags deployed. Contacted chev, got the run around. After research found out some of these cars were sold without air bags. We wanted it investigated but our car was mysteriously crushed 3 days after the accident. Prior to the accident, the whole exhaust system needed replacing, the electrical was going $.

The inside was nice but the seats were very uncomfortable on long trips. trunk size was big. Not much else to say about it that was good.

Needs tons of improvements. The car I had was not the base model. It's very loose in the back end in winter, even with good tires. Chev should make sure all the cars have air bags or issue a recall. If you have one, check for the recall of the back tires and save yourself some money on wearing tires. Despite regular on time maintenance the car was falling apart from the inside out by 125,000 km. Nice big price tag for junk. I know it's rated high but I would never buy another one!

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy GMC

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012 I contacted you guys (customer support) because I didnít feel I should pay anything. So I don't know why you people (customer support) are pretending like you've actually done me a favor when all you've done is said we agree with the dealership offer. I'm grateful that the dealership was willing to work with me, but you guys were a total waste of time and energy and basically what it boils down to is that you (GMC) need to improve the quality of your products, and when you find out that you have a defective product in the market, take full responsibility for that product, warranty or not. Apparently you guys (GMC) didnít learn anything from

the position that you were in approximately four years ago. If you continue to distribute this poorly designed, faulty, unreliable and defective product and neglect the obligation of taking responsibility for what you provide us (the consumer) with you will surely find yourself in the this position very, very shortly. So continue on the path that you are on and I wish you all the best but you won't have to worry about me. Or for that matter anyone around me either. A wise man learns from the mistake of others but sometimes he has to learn from his own and it is sometime painful, but in hindsight its quite enlightening. Sincerely, A Former GM customer

• SUV