2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By marnet on 02/27/14 00:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Good: Split bench seat with column shift lever, comfortable suspension, generally good driver visibility, huge trunk. The Bad: Large blind spots at C pillars. The Ugly: 1) Tire pressure monitor / key fob / antenna took 3 tries to fix under recall in first few months. 2) Problem in steering column fixed under recall in first year. 3) Power steering pump failed at 30,000 4) Water pump failed at 35,000 5) Part of wiring harness burned up at 45,000 6) Now at 50,000 fuel pump noisy, a/c/heater blower not working properly, motor mounts broken, and transmission slipping. All these major problems despite adhering to the "severe use" maintenance schedule.

DO NOT BUY
By jasonm78 on 11/29/13 15:28 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but problems out of this car. Bought it when it has 45k miles and already had to replace Water Pump Transmission Numerous Sensors Muffler AC hoses Power Steering Unit I never will buy another GM car, have to get this car repaired every other week and I can't trade because I have so much negative equity.

My bad experience
By celestial on 10/21/13 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We paid 17,000 for this car at only 2 yrs old. It had great performance at first, the lost all it's gusto. We were going through tires in the back like crazy and found out later there was a recall. We got into a head on car accident at 70km/hr and NOT 1 airbag went off. We had curtain and front airbags and nothing. Thankfully we walked away. The car was totaled. The other car had all airbags deployed. Contacted chev, got the run around. After research found out some of these cars were sold without air bags. We wanted it investigated but our car was mysteriously crushed 3 days after the accident. Prior to the accident, the whole exhaust system needed replacing, the electrical was going $.

Me likey the Impala SS
By impalasswally on 11/15/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like my Impala SS! Not incredibly sexy from certain angles, and the interior style is hideous, but for the $$, an incredible buy. V-8 power, better gas milage than my wifes V-6 Traverse (thanks to 4-cyl shut-off ... which you never notice). 0 to 60 sub 5.7 sec ... the new $40K Impala with the same HP is going to be Plus 7 sec. It stickered for $31K loaded, got it for 25K between 3K off from dealer, and 3K from GM card earnings. I am out of warranty almost a year now - almost 6 years old. I will admit, mostly local driving (I live close to work) and only 31K miles, but bullet proof. Starts every day, just changed oil. Both front hubs have been changed recently - only repair in 6 years.

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007 on 11/07/12 05:58 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy GMC

2007 Impala LTZ
By bdunmire on 06/29/12 09:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for over a year now. Just before my full year was up I had to replace my stainless exhaust do to my mufflers rotting out on top. When I did that I noticed that my back tires where worn on the inside. I had tires replaced and was told my rear camber was out and could not be adjusted. I found out that GM fixed Impalas that had this problem only with the police package, under recall, so i order the part kit as there no difference between the those parts on my car and a police car. Now that I have those problems fixed I have no other issues. I do love this car itÂ’s fun to drive, comfortable, and looks good. However I will not buy another GM vehicle after this one.

2007 Impala LTZ
By ericjp on 06/23/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for three years and have 107,000 miles. Just paid $1000 to have trasmission valve body replaced, whatever that is. Bottom line, do not buy an Impala. I know it is tempting because they are cheap and look decent. The LTZ has all the bells and whistles. The 3.9l v6 has good performance and gas mileage. The problem is build quality. The transmissions are prown to have all kinds of problems. I have never had this many problems with any car. GM uses cheap parts. Head gaskets were replaced and the list goes on and on. Avoid Chevrolet products. You get what you pay for. Buy a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai instead.

So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout on 05/27/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen, but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

Will never own another GM Product
By harborgirl on 04/25/12 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Impala new August 2007 with less than 100 miles, after only owning it for 2 years the engine light came on, we phoned the dealer and they told us not to worry about it until it began to flash, and soon after the message board was reading "reduced engine power" and by the end of the weekend it left us stranded. When they finely figured out what was wrong they told us a rodent had set up residence in the wire harness in which the very expensive extended warrenty didn't cover, We fixed it and in less than a year later we are facing the same thing once again, since the GM mechanics have no idea what else to call it they are blaming the rodents. SHAME ON YOU GM! NEVER AGAIN!

P Poor car
By davidnc1 on 11/16/11 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 4k miles in 2008. Rear tires gone at 11000 miles. Had no heat at idle. Dealer replaced 1st set of head gaskets at 14000. Got 2nd set at 46000. Ran hot at 55000 miles on the interstate. Intake gasket leaking. Transmission has a hesitation when cold. Then bangs into gear and sometimes chirps the tires. Transmission slips after extended idle. 2 dealerships can't find problem. Many minor problems with interior and exterior. I was a GM technician for many years and have always had a Chevy in the driveway. This is the last one. Impalas are NOT American made. Made in Canada.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.