Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great looking car - Engine dissapointing
By Michigan Driver

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala with about 45k on it. In May of 2016 I had to replace the engine at 209k. I was really hoping to get at least 300k out of the original engine. Engine cost was $2300. Overall I have been extremely pleased with my Impala. It has lots of interior room and the trunk is enormous. Plenty of space in the back seat for the kids and they are pretty comfy on long road trips. Handling is decent but the back end feels loose when cornering on the highway. This is my daily driver.

pressure control solenoid bracket
By Oscar

07 chevy impala transmission pressure control solenoid bracket
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid

Just to let you know what I found . I lowered the tranny down and pulled the side cover off that faces the left front wheel and I replaced the pressure control solenoid. And while I was in there I replaced the torque convertor band with solenoid just because these go bad often also but the problem was the pc solenoid, it now works great and I have no problems

The SS impala is a great car
By Craig

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala SS for a alittle under a year now and I love it. I've had to put some work into it since then though, I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it was in great condition. Whoever owned it before me took great care of this car. However the repairs i had to make were very costly, i had to replace the alternator, the battery and get a full brake job. Not sure if its something I did to it or if it was just long over due. This car will sometimes turn heads but not that much since I live in the DC area and everyone drives a benz, BMW, infiniti, and some of the other luxury brands. I'm not a fan of the front wheel drive and the interior is lackluster but those are things that are manageable. I love the big factory brand wheels and I can never keep the sunroof closed. The leather seats are comfy and the SS decals are nicely placed throughout the car. The trunk is huge and there is plenty of space in the interior. Dual pipes look nice on the car and overall adds to the performance I think. Its a nice size car and really fun to drive.

Lots of issues!
By Keith

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission sucks! Oil consumption! Horrible handling in rain and snow! Lots of vibration and road noise! Clunking in front end! Eats brakes! Very disappointed with this vehicle!

Love my 2007 impala
By impala

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 impala last year in 2014 with 99,000 now im at 150,000 gotta say it's great still shifting smooth engine runs great the LT model in which I have will not last long with aggressive driving. Drives nicely change your fluids frequently and this car will run for a long time!