2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: GM left me hanging.

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Impala

SS Sedan (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown on

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona).
Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left.
As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip.
I was left stranded and GM refused to help me.
I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job.

I will never buy another GM car.
They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this.

Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with:
1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps.
The first waterpump went out because

cont from above: because the chevy repairmen dropped it and bent the pully. 2. The car had two window regulators go out. 3. I've had to have my rotors changed. 4. All of the AC regulators had to be changed. 5. I don't listen to loud music, but my rear speakers are both blown. 6. All of the trim has had to be replaced because the glue didn't last in AZ's heat.

GM should contact me at lewis0803@hotmail.com to make this right. I've driven many GM vehicles prior to this car. I bought this Impala with 30 miles and took very good care of it. Since GM took so much of my tax money, they need to make it right!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By shilosdad
on 04/19/14 08:36 AM (PDT)

they repaid that" tax money " with interest ...well in advance of it's due date.a clumsy repairman can't be a blemish against the vehicle--the rest -I agree with you..i think.