2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Love My Car

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (3.9L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Love My Car
By brianm20nascar on

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First up. I'm a mechanic and I've been reading the reviews on here. I love it when people complain about having to do a repair or 2 to their car, then mention it has 96,000 miles on it. This review is also probably coming from the guy who doesn't believe in regular maintenance of a vehicle and spends as little money on it as possible. My 2006 Impala 3.9 LT3 has 26,000 miles on it, and Its one of the better cars I've seen GM make. I have seen NO problems with my car personally. And I take very good care of my car. All options work as expected. and I can start my car from 200 ft away in the house with the remote. Awesome for cold days. 31 mpg at 70 mph on trip to Tennessee. Great Car.

Favorite Features

Remote Start, Heated Seats, Spoiler, 17" Wheels, Sunroof, Mp3 Player, 242hp!

Suggested Improvements

GM has already come out with an updated Intermediate shaft for the steering column to replace the faulty one from the factory. Expect a class action Lawsuit to cover the repair bill. Its a problem on many of them. Also feel sorry for the people with the SS model. That juicy 5.3 303 hp engine is a bit heavy for the poorly designed front GM Wheel bearings. Expect to replace them at 100k if not slightly before. Wish my grey leather was a bit darker. I'm scared it will show its age too much.
By shilosdad
on 04/19/14 08:41 AM (PDT)

keep us updated on that lawsuit.i too suspect maintenance lacks in a lot of the issues .. the tranny one worries me though , unless a lot of people do not keep an eye on that dipstick every now and again.