Intial Thoughts
By Elliot on
2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Picked up my ordered 2006 on Tuesday the 26th so I am not trying to give a detailed review yet, but some intial thoughts after the first week of owning it. I traded a 2004 SS with 9800 miles because I wanted the all new model. The '04 was a great car (no problems) and I sort of wondered if I would be sorry I did a trade. The new style I find more pleasing to me except I am a bit disappointed with the front end design (looks like a large smiling mouth to me). The rear end looks great, and the interior, although still looking less then impressive, is passable. I do have a slight squeak noise in the right front interior somewhere such as possible plastic trim rubbing together. My '04 had a similar noise.
Favorite Features
Love the Bose radio speaker sound system. Finally they put SS in silver on the back and side so people know what you have (the black on a black car in '04 never showed up).
Suggested Improvements
Did not receive book for Bose system with car- have called everyone trying to get the book (owners manual and CD mention it) and evryone seems a bit confused how to get one and from where. Chevy district people now trying. Liked DIC better up above then in the odometer area (but may get used to that