2006 Chevrolet Impala 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I guess I'm not the

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

SS Sedan (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

I guess I'm not the only one
By LTAKBAR on

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am in the U.S. Navy and traveled a lot my first 2 years I owned the car. At 37,000 miles, the transmission went out and had to be replaced. At 45,000 miles the steering went out and had to be replaced. The air sensors have not worked after the first year. Now I have the car overseas and it is impossible to find replacement parts or get the recall items fixed. My water pump went out in Bahrain and I had to have my original dealer in NJ find a spare and have it FedEx to me. I am waiting on my car to be shipped to Korea and I already know that there is no one here that can fix it. The car looks good and drives good, but the maintenance is a nightmare and expensive.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage on the highway. Nice and sporty rims. The pull-down backseat is perfect for providing more carrying space. On-Star system in the U.S.

Suggested Improvements

Create more universal replacement parts. Better corrosion control off the lot, steering corroded through after only 45,000 miles.